Job Title: Junior Accounts Assistant + Study Support
Pay Bracket: up to £24,000 DOE
Benefits: Study Support, training, mentorship, progression opportunities – learning across payroll and general accounts ledger, free parking on site plus discounts.
Our client is a growing and stable business based in Leigh who are looking for someone to join the close-knit accounts team working across payroll and transactional accounts. This is a perfect role for someone who is looking to gain exposure to a wide area of the accounts function – receiving daily mentorship from the Management Accountant and Finance Director. This role offers study support post probation period – whether AAT study support or CIPP depending on your personal interests.
In this role, you will be able to instantly make an impact to the business and develop your own experience alongside supportive management.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the FD your role will be to manage the company’s payroll end to end and transactional accounts ledgers – including purchase and sales ledger.
- Processing invoices and supplier statement reconciliations
- Efficiently handling any supplier and customer queries
- Assisting with the company sales ledger – including credit control chasing overdue payments
- Managing a small payroll end to end – including processing of new starters and leavers, calculations, deductions and maintaining accurate information on the company system.
- Keeping up to date on all changes in legislation and ensuring best practice
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum experience of 12 months in an accounts-based role
- Working knowledge of Excel and confidence in learning and adapting to new technologies
- Eagerness to learn and good work ethic
- Existing experience within any of the following: weekly wages, time sheets, monthly payrolls
- No qualifications required
- Strong attention to detail
You’ll benefit from:
- A competitive salary negotiable depending on experience – offering circa £23,000 for 12 months’ experience and higher for payroll knowledge
- Study support to pursue either an accounting qualification or payroll management
- Flexibility on offer in hours worked – core hours 9 – 5.30 but can offer flexibility and reduced hours depending on your needs
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Collaborative working environment with supportive management and a close-knit team
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you’re keen to learn more then please contact Victoria on 01204 326444 or submit your CV for immediate consideration
or call us on 01204 326 444