Role: Purchase Ledger (progression route into Assistant Accountant)
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 + AAT Study Support
Location: Bury, onsite parking available
Our client is a quickly growing and ambitious family business based in Bury. Following continual growth, we are expanding the team to take on a purchase ledger clerk with both progression opportunities and AAT study support, a base salary ranging £18,000 - £20,000 is on offer depending on experience.
This is a company with future vision and clear goals, as the purchase ledger, you will ensure timely payments and manage supplier relations, helping the accounts team to function as efficiently as possible. This role will work alongside the head of finance where you will receive mentorship and have the opportunity to take on further responsibility, becoming involved in the month end and management accounts.
We are looking for someone with a proven interest in accounts, with a minimum of 1 years' experience in a purchase ledger / accounts based role. Systems knowledge of Sage 50 is advantageous but not essential as training and support is provided. A successful candidate will be career focused, wanting to learn and to help the company to achieve its goals alongside your own.
Responsibilities of the role Include:
- End to end management of the purchase ledger of two companies, including matching, batching and coding of invoices, uploading onto Sage50
- Maintaining professional relationships with key suppliers with high value invoices
- Resolving invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Processing of vendor invoices to Accounts Payable Ledger
- Monthly vendor statement reconciliations
- Month end accruals and company recharges
- Assisting the Head of Finance in maintaining supplier payment forecast, working in Excel to produce forecasts, price analysis and company performance
- Assisting with wider areas of the finance team, and buying department, gradually taking on further responsibility as the company continues to grow
This role is open to established purchase ledger clerks and to junior accounts clerks who are looking to grow further. This position works heavily within Excel, with a strong working knowledge of pivot tables, v-look ups and formulas being essential for success.
Our client is a company which has grown quickly in recent years and will continue to grow further. There is the potential to develop yourself further into the position of an assistant accountant, with future CIMA study support on offer from the Head of Finance.
What we are looking for:
- A true passion for your work and career
- A team player with a friendly personality
- Previous experience of an electronic purchase ledger system
- Great attention to detail with strong organisation
- Knowledge of stock management
This is a role where your contributions to the team will be highly valued. With this, we are looking for someone who will be committed to their professional development and to also look for ways to improve existing accounts procedures.
Free parking is available on site and flexibility is on offer in your starting and finishing times, making this role ideal for candidates with other commitments. For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this advert, or contact Victoria for further details on 01204 326444 / Victoria@4Recruiting.co.uk
or call us on 01204 326 444