Management Accountant- part qualified or QBE
Location: North Manchester- hybrid working
Salary: up to circa £35,000
We are currently recruiting for a driven and dynamic Assistant Accountant/ Management Accountant to join a fantastic team, based in Middleton.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in accounting and finance, with a some exposure to the production accounts and reconciling different areas of the balance sheet and understanding the importance of robust & meaningful reconciliations. You will be passionate about accuracy and consistency, with the ability to meet deadlines and will also have the skills to think outside the box and come up with new ideas and suggestions. You will have excellent communication skills with the confidence to work alongside people around the business, with the ability to build strong relationships and the desire to set the right examples across the wider business by embracing the company values.
Joining a committed, close knit team, your responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of the balance sheet, ensuring monthly reconciliations are completed by all relevant members of the finance team, ensuring a robust and consistent reconciliation process is in place
- Maintain robust controls that identify areas of risk and uncertainty, ensuring that exposure is minimal
- Take ownership of stock accounting for packaged goods, ensuring that month end stock records are accurate for the monthly accounts
- Maintain the fixed asset register and prepare and post monthly depreciation journals
- Work with the team to ensure that all CAPEX projects are accounted for correctly and that capital and revenue elements are correctly identified for Capital Allowance purposes
Required skills and experience:
- Ideally CIMA/ ACCA part qualified or working towards, or QBE
- Previous experience of balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent Excel skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written, with the ability to clarify and communicate complex issues to non-financial people
- A passion to progress and develop
Besides working alongside fantastic team members in a great environment, supported by a competitive salary, you will also benefit from a private healthcare package, enhanced pension, profit share scheme, flexi working hours, access to the right level of training, support & continued career development, plus much more!
Please send a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444