Job Title: Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: £32,000 - £38,000 DOE
Benefits: Study package, Training & Progression Opportunities, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, Free parking, Hybrid working and flexible hours.
Our client is an ambitious and highly acquisitive PE Backed business in Eccles, looking to grow the accounts team to include a Junior Management Accountant. Working in a close-knit finance function, you'll work closely alongside an established MA and a strong FC.
In a growth role, the position will be fast paced, varied and detail focused, involved heavily in month end analysis, reconciliation work, and has the opportunity of involvement in various projects supporting the FD, audit, and FP&A work.
The ideal candidate will ideally be part-qualified or with the ambition to study, with a track record of success at assistant accountant level. In return, a good benefits package is on offer, alongside PE exposure, multiple entities, and plenty of room to grow. Over time, you'll become a fully qualified Management Accountant, taking increased responsibility in the accounts department.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Project and overhead analysis including gross margin analysis
- Posting of prepayments, accruals and other journal adjustments
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including maintenance of fixed asset register
- Investigate contract variances and assess budget/forecast requirements
- Ensure weekly cash flow forecast is accurate and kept up to date
- Assist with year end and audit procedures/documentation
- Support preparation of the annual budgeting process and periodic reforecasting
- Provide assistance in the continual improvement of financial processes and procedures, to improve control, efficiency and accuracy
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with at least two years of experience working at assistant accountant level or higher, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability within Excel, including frequent usage of reporting, Sum-Ifs, Pivot-Tables, V-lookups etc.
- Experience of gross margin analysis
- High volume balance sheet reconciliations
- Good team working ability and communication skills.
- Confidence in their own work and ability to improve the accuracy of others, especially within transactional finance - Experience working in AP & AR previously is highly advantageous.
- Experience using Sage
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Free Parking On-site
- Study support for CIMA / ACCA
- Excellent exposure opportunities
Please send a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444