Job Title: Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: £33,000 - £38,000 DOE
Benefits: Study package, Training & Progression Opportunities, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, Free parking, Hybrid working and flexible hours.
Our client is an ambitious and highly acquisitive PE Backed business in Eccles, looking to grow the accounts team to include a Junior Management Accountant. Working in a close-knit finance function, you'll work closely alongside an established Management Accountant and a strong Financial Controller.
In a growth role, the position will be fast paced, varied and detail focused, involved heavily in month end analysis, reconciliation work, and has the opportunity of involvement in various projects supporting the FD, audit, and FP&A work.
It is hoped that the incoming Management Accountant will be part-qualified with a track record of success at assistant accountant level. In return, a good benefits package is on offer, alongside PE exposure, multiple entities, and plenty of room to grow. Over time, you'll become a fully qualified Management Accountant, taking increased responsibility in the accounts department.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Project and overhead analysis including gross margin analysis
- Posting of prepayments, accruals and other journal adjustments
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including maintenance of fixed asset register
- Investigate contract variances and assess budget/forecast requirements
- Ensure weekly cash flow forecast is accurate and kept up to date
- Assist with year end and audit procedures/documentation
- Support preparation of the annual budgeting process and periodic reforecasting
- Provide assistance in the continual improvement of financial processes and procedures, to improve control, efficiency and accuracy
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with at least two years of experience working at assistant accountant level or higher, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability within Excel, including frequent usage of reporting, Sum-Ifs, Pivot-Tables, V-lookups etc.
- Good team working ability and communication skills.
- Experience using Sage
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Free Parking On-site
- Study support for CIMA / ACCA
- Excellent exposure opportunities
or call us on 01204 326 444