Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Pay Bracket: £30,000 - £32,000
Benefits: Hybrid working, study support, on-site parking.
We are working closely with a brilliant company based in Manchester City Centre who are looking for an ambitious individual to join their team. You must have the passion and desire to deliver the high standards of work. This is a fantastic opportunity to take that next step to progress within your career!
The Assistant Accountant is a crucial member of their Finance function, focussing on ensuring the day-to-day financial transactions of the business are recorded in an accurate and timely manner. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for all Sales Ledger transactions and provide support in ensuring Purchase Ledger transactions are processed efficiently.
- Generalist Bookkeeping such as: purchase ledger, sales ledger management
- Credit control
- Cash book posting
- Bank reconciliations
- Petty cash control
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to customers
- Process Credit Notes/Refunds in line with company procedures
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Prepare payment runs
- Employee expenses
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Ideally AAT studier
- At least 2 years accounts experience
- A strong interest in working in finance
- Strong knowledge of Accounts Receivable processes
- Driven and hungry for progression
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to use and manipulate data with MS Excel
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Georgie ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444