Role: Junior Office Administrator
Salary: £10 - £13 an hour
We are looking for a friendly and motivated individual to join a vibrant and fast paced business based in Leyland with an immediate start available, a fantastic starting salary is on offer along with full training for junior candidates.
This position is open to school leavers, university students or experienced administrators who are looking for office work over the summer. For a trainee candidate, there is the opportunity to be taken on as a permanent member of staff in September.
( This vacancy has come up due to an upcoming retirement of a long serving member of staff. Initially a temporary arrangement, your role will be to help across all areas of office administration to enable a smooth transition. In September, a full-time business administration apprentice will be brought into the business – should you be interested in this role you can remain as a permanent member of staff. )
You will be working within a modern office space with free parking and close links to public transport. Over time, as you become established in the business, you will have the opportunity to diversify your role further or specialise in an area which interests you most.
What the role involves:
This is a well-rounded role – giving you exposure to all areas of the business.
- Reception duties - answering incoming phone calls and directing to other points in the business, handling any inbound queries
- Email correspondence with customers and colleagues
- Data Entry - inputting information onto the company's system and working with data sets in Excel
- Assisting with company invoicing
- Managing inbound queries, and delivering great customer service
- Calculations of fees and values for clients
- Sending out bills to customers, ensuring accurate information
- Office administration, paperwork, and filing
- Assisting with general accounts admin - supporting the wider team as needed
What we're looking for:
We’re on the lookout for enthusiasm for an office-based job, someone who is happy to work in a wider team and able to get along well with other people. Please see the below:
- Experience using Microsoft Office - particularly Excel
- Confident speaker with strong and clear verbal communication
- Good level of literacy for professional communication with customers
- GCSE passes or higher in Maths and English
- Basic numeracy skills - Advanced ability advantageous
- Strong work ethic and commitment to working in a full-time job
- An interest in technology – hobbies such as gaming
- Exposure to an office environment (paid or unpaid) is advantageous but not required
If this position would be of interest to you then please submit your CV today - outlining your qualifications, knowledge, and ability. We're proud to say that we focus on your attitudes and attributes, with the rest being teachable. With this, you will receive mentorship from the existing team and receive a warm welcome to the business.
What’s on offer:
- A generous pay package up to £13 an hour
- Full training and exposure to a range of areas of business
- 37.5 hour working week 9-5
- Modern office environment
- Social and dynamic team with social events and incentives
- Free parking and close transport links
- Company culture – working with down to earth and like-minded people
- Opportunity to receive a permanent training contract with the business should you wish to stay
For further information please contact Victoria on 01204 326444, thank you for taking the time to apply.
or call us on 01204 326 444