UK Sustainability Manager
Global Manufacturing business
Manchester based + Regional travel
Salary - Up to £60,000 + £6,000 car allowance & Bonus
My client are a market leading global manufacturer and supplier operating in 17 locations across 13 countries, producing over 20 billion items annually from more than 50,000 products offered. Products are sold in 35 countries including UK, Germany, France, Brazil, Japan, China and the US.
Leading from the front, sustainability is an integral part of the business's mission, and they are committed to making positive differences towards a better future for everyone.
The UK Sustainability Manager will oversee the Group Sustainability Strategy for their UK operations and drive initiatives to support their global targets and long-term ambition of becoming carbon neutral. This is an exciting opportunity working across all the UK businesses - based from Manchester and cross site sustainability focus.
- Develop and implement the UK Sustainability strategy and framework, making it live at each site and across all functions
- Develop supporting governance and an accountability structure with clear KPIs that will enable the achievement of the Sustainability strategy and guide key decisions
- Manage the sustainability framework, track and report on KPIs, and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Support the Group's GHG emissions reporting for UK sites
- Develop the understanding of the Sustainability strategy and associated vision across all employees working with the management team
- Ensure employee objectives reflect the need to explore and adopt more sustainable ways of working.
- Being a visible figurehead and subject matter expert for all things sustainability
- Develop communication plans to ignite employee engagement and share progress externally
- Degree or relevant experience in sustainability or related field
- Environment Management systems experience and implementation and strategy on an organisation scale - ideally within a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years of experience in a management related sustainability role
- Knowledge of environmental, social, and governance issues
- Strong knowledge of current sustainability legislation, best practice & initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with strong attention to detail
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with varied stakeholders, as well as independently
- The ability and confidence to build strong relationships and influence people at all levels of the business
- Innovative thinker with ability to problem-solve using common sense and pragmatism
- Flexibility - travel between sites is important as is the willingness to connect with the employees who work outside normal office hours (such as the night shift)
- Full driving license
- Strong Excel skills
The role will require a strategic and operational focus, working with multiple disciplines across the business to support a more sustainable way of thinking.
or call us on 01204 326 444