Job Title: Graduate / Junior Accounts Assistant (Entry Level)
Pay Bracket: £19,000 - £22,000 Plus Study Package
Benefits: Study Support, Hybrid Working, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, progression, and training
Our client is a growing tech-based business, headquartered in Blackburn who are looking for a junior accounts assistant to join the management accounts team. This is a trainee level role with lots of support and mentorship on offer, creating a great opportunity for a recent graduate or junior level accounts / finance assistant.
We are looking for intelligent and ambitious people who are looking to pursue a career in accounting and finance with full study support on offer. This is a great role to gain exposure to the accounts function alongside supportive management. Over time, there is a clear pathway to develop into a management accountant position, offering lots of scope to grow. This role is open to candidates who are studying their AAT / ACCA / CIMA, or office juniors with some exposure to accounts who would like to pursue this as a career.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the financial controller, your responsibilities will include managing the transactional accounts for the business, increasing over time to become involved with month end duties and management accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Calculating rebates
- Assisting in creating reports
- Posting cash receipts and creating new sales ledger accounts, assisting with credit control as needed
- Progressing into journals and month end duties - including balance sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone who is a strong communicator with a desire to learn, being able to work independently and within a team. We are looking for someone with strong academics and a passion for building a career in this field.
- No practical experience is needed but some accounts or office experience is advantageous
- Computer literacy especially within Excel is advantageous
- Confident communicator and team player
- A degree, or accounting qualification in a relevant field is desirable - whether Maths, Economics, Accountancy and Finance etc.
What our client can offer
- A competitive starting salary and study support
- Modern working environment
- Fantastic management team with L&D and fully study package
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact me for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444