Job Title: Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Pay Bracket: £25,000 + Study Support
Benefits: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, hybrid working, flexible hours, inclusive environment, free parking, government pension and sick pay, study support for CIMA, rising benefits with length of service
We are recruiting an exclusive opportunity to join a well-rated school based in Bolton as a Purchase Ledger Manager. This role covers end to end purchase ledger with one direct report, and has great potential for professional growth, also offering study support and great lifestyle benefits.
Working within a close-knit team, you will work collaboratively to ensure the smooth running of the accounts team. Previous management experience isn’t required; however, we are looking for someone with great communication skills and a personable nature – being able to work with all areas of the business and external parties.
We are able to wait for a candidate with a notice period, although an immediate start is also available. A strong candidate for this role will have a minimum of 2 years of experience within the accounts payable function and will be a strong team player.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Your role will be to manage the purchase ledger function end to end, working directly alongside the FC, with one direct report.
- Full Purchase Ledger function including managing a junior Finance Administrator and assisting in processing purchase orders and invoices
- Arranging payment runs and setting up new suppliers
- Ensuring procurement procedures are followed with regards to purchase orders and invoice authorization.
- Managing expenses claims
- Query resolution and management, being the main point of contact for suppliers to the business
- Assisting with training of the PO system
- Monthly statement reconciliations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a similar position
- A desire to work with people and an interest in management – previous supervisory experience is not required
- Positive attitude and strong communication skill
- Commitment to your personal development and that of your teams’ looking to make improvements to existing processes and streamlining the account function
- Strong attention to detail to ensure financial records are accurate and correct payments are processed
You’ll benefit from:
Our client offers a fantastic working culture with a strong team and modern office space. During term time, the role is hybrid 1-2 days per week working from home and is majority remote during the school holidays – making this an ideal position for someone looking for a great work-life balance alongside a rewarding role.
- A competitive salary circa £25,000 plus study support
- Hybrid and flexible working with flexibility in hours – 37 hours a week
- 23 days holidays plus bank holidays – rising to 28 days plus banks following 5 years of service
- Modern office space, free onsite parking, and close commuter links
- Government pension scheme, sick pay and the ability to build your role over time – driving system and process improvements to the AP function
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, for more information contact Victoria on 01204 326444, a recruitment pack will also be provided.
Please note, successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS check for compliance prior to commencement, thank you for taking the time to apply.
or call us on 01204 326 444