Job Title: Senior Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: £45,000 -£55,000.
Benefits: Performance Bonus, Hybrid working, 25 days + bank holidays, Progression opportunities and subsidised parking
Four Financial are pleased to present an exclusive opportunity for a Management Accountant based in Central Manchester on a hybrid working model.
On the back of a recent acquisition phase, we are looking for an ambitious and commercially minded accountant - open to qualified candidates or those at finalist level. This role will manage the monthly close, budgeting and forecasting for the business, over the next 3 years, we hope that you'll become the next Financial Controller for the business.
The position will be tasked with analysing the performance of the business, identifying opportunities for improvements, implementing internal controls and business partnering - offering a position which can develop with you as the company goes through an exciting period of expansion.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
In a newly created post due to growth, your role will be both commercial and analytical in focus, including:
- Completing monthly end to end management accounts - Full P&L and balance sheet.
- Preparing board packs, MI, and commentary
- Working with multiple stakeholders in the wider business, communicating effectively with various backgrounds, holding others accountable to task in set deadlines to ensure timely and accurate information is provided.
- Ensuring timely review with the FC to allow circulation of KPIs and variances against forecasts and budget.
- Forecasting - including weekly / monthly/ quarterly / annually cash forecasting, profit and loss forecasting.
- Financial analysis of multiple sites, identifying opportunities to increase performance and profitability, including ROI analysis.
- Identifying improvement areas within existing accounting systems and procedures, looking to maximise efficiency and productivity.
- Ensuring net working capital reduction and cash improvement
- Working with the senior leadership team to improve financial controls.
- Working alongside the FC on the operations of the finance team, being a point of contact for team members and the wider business - upskilling and training AAT juniors.
The ideal candidate will have:
An ideal person fit for the role will be down to earth with a fluid communication style for business partnering, we are looking for someone who will be able to develop excellent relationships and produce accurate and timely results.
- A diligent approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability within Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Experience using Power BI and modelling would be advantageous but not essential.
- ACCA / CIMA finalist level and above
- CAPEX exposure ideal
- Demonstrable commitment to your professional career with a good length of service in post / track record of progression / promotion within your organisation
- A strong level of educational attainment - Working in a strong team of all first-time passes.
You'll benefit from:
This is an excellent opportunity, being a growth role within an extremely ambitious business. We're a strong believer that the right person in the right place will thrive over time and this is that opportunity.
- Hybrid working
- Flexible Hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Paid parking by the company / travel expenses
- Bonus circa 10% of base salary
- Excellent mentorship to the next level, working under an ACCA qualified FD and CIMA qualified FC
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will be 2 stages - one virtual and second stage in person - Manchester city centre. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
Due to high demand for roles such as these, successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 48 hours of application. If this role isn't the perfect fit, we will contact you about other suitable opportunities now or in the future.
or call us on 01204 326 444