Senior Management Accountant
Based: Blackburn area
Salary: highly dependent on experience, bonus, benefits
Full time role, flexible hours
Our client are a leading retailer with a strong brand spanning throughout the UK and globally. Due to continuous growth and future acquisition plans, we are looking for a strong Management Accountant to join the team working in the UK business and finance team
We are looking for adaptable, forward thinking, pro-active Accountants looking to develop their career. If you are looking to work in an ever changing business that can facilitate quick progression and exposure, this is a great opportunity for a Finalist or qualified Accountant
- Producing monthly management accounts for divisions
- Balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring balances are correct and differences investigated.
- Main POC for Ops managers for financial support and queries on P&Ls.
- Variance and trend analysis by site, by brand.
- Production and posting of key journals including accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income.
- Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to assist decision making for local teams.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting process.
- Develop robust processes and controls to ensure risks are managed appropriately in line with Group requirements.
- Support in the production of accurate monthly and quarterly flash results for Financial Planning and Commercial teams.
- Assisting in year-end statutory audit process.
- Investment Appraisal for future acquisition targets.
- Other ad hoc projects as required by CFO, Finance Director or Financial Controller.
- Finalist OR Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) - first time practice movers also!
- Adaptable and keen to improve processes
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience on SAP would be highly beneficial but not essential
If you are keen to hear more, please send your CV and I can give you a call to discuss further!
or call us on 01204 326 444