Leading Chemical manufacturing business
Irlam based - Site based role
Flexible Working hours
Salary - up to £41k + Benefits
My client are a Manchester based leading Chemical Manufacturing business based in Salford, Manchester - looking to secure an experienced Buyer to join their existing purchasing team.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director and Joining a team of 4, you will be appointed as Senior Buyer to focus on the largest spend category and decision making within this category.
An opportunity has arisen for Libra to recruit a Buyer into their Supply Chain Team. This is an exciting time to join the business as they go through an intensive period of transformation and there is the potential to make a real impact within this well respected company.
Key elements of the role
- Supplier Rationalisation
- Maintaining / Developing Supplier Relationships
- Identifying New Suppliers Within the Marketplace
- Working Toward Cost Saving Objectives by Active Negotiation with Suppliers
- Supply chain risk mitigation through stock holding/supply agreements, contracts and duel sourcing arrangements
- Pricing availability for customer quotations
- Maintaining key procurement & supply chain parameters & raising purchase orders utilising a new ERP system.
- Point of escalation for supplier related issues
- The successful candidate will be supporting the Commercial & manufacturing operation of the business by providing professional sourcing, negotiation and contract implementation services covering direct and indirect categories.
- The post holder will be required to ensure exceptional quality of service is provided by vendors and contractors whilst simultaneously delivering high value and significant year on year cost reductions.
- Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of the raw materials/goods & services necessary, you will support business goals and operations including but not limited to sales, production, technical and engineering.
- You'll be responsible for more than £20m in annual spend with a high level of complexity across critical materials, products and services.
- To deliver the role responsibilities you will need to develop and manage supplier relationships to negotiate and maintain price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimised, supply maintained, contracts implemented and managed as appropriate and system data maintained.
- You will need to develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, products and services purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing, ensuring that significant market changes are anticipated, managed and communicated.
- You will need to identify and select sources of assigned raw materials, products and services. Work with the supplier base to identify new sources and new technologies which may bring advantage.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong strategic purchasing background across direct and indirect, with a hands on approach to supply chain and a history of delivering continuous year on year savings and improvements. Ideally, you'll already be operating within the Chemical or wider manufacturing industry and be responsible for our portfolio of products within our potential supply base to allow you to hit the ground running!
or call us on 01204 326 444