Role: Senior Accounts Assistant
Salary: £26,000 - £34,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, study support, flexible hours, hybrid working (1 day in the office)
We are looking for an ambitious accounts senior to join our client based in Ramsbottom, Bury. This is a mature and established environment with autonomy and flexibility for its finance team and offers a great culture with no micromanagement.
Our client is a market leader offering a top-level salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and hybrid working. The business has a fantastic reputation with impressive future plans for growth, doubling their turnover in the past 3 years and staff headcount. Over time, there is scope to progress your career further into an assistant accountant / management accountant role, with study support also on offer post probation period.
The team benefits from supportive management with the freedom to manage your own workload and a business owner who leads by example. When working from the office, you will enjoy a modern and attractive working environment with free parking on site. We also have flexibility in hours on offer, working around other commitments like childcare.
Responsibilities of the Role:
Your role will be general bookkeeping of transactional accounts across the purchase and sales ledger, bank reconciliations and more - including:
- Purchase and sales ledger, raising and entering invoices
- Processing sales orders and purchase orders
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Processing small monthly payrolls in Sage/Xero
- Producing accounts to trial balance stage (beneficial)
- All other day-to-day accounts/office duties e.g. to maintaining accurate files and enter data in a timely fashion
What we're looking for:
We are open to candidates across a range of experience levels - from the graduate level to QBE candidates. A practice trained candidate would be a strong fit for this role, however we are open to all backgrounds.
- Experience within practice or wanting a trainee role from a university route
- AAT Qualified or Studying
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Sage and or Xero are highly advantageous
- A valid driving license and car ownership
What our client can offer You:
Beyond a market-leading salary, our client prides themselves on the benefits and work-life balance given to their staff. Benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Study support and progression opportunities
- Hybrid working and flexible hours - 1 day a week in the Bury office - flexible for candidates of further distance
- No-micromanaging - organise your own workload
- Training and pairing with a senior member of staff for accounts juniors
- Staff socials and events - charity challenges, walks, meals out and beer festivals
- Company laptop and phone
- Modern and attractive office space with free parking
Candidates must be based within the Northwest region - additional office presence may be required during training.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration ahead of submitting your CV. We will have an in-depth conversation surrounding your background, achievements, and career ambitions, followed by a discussion around the position on offer.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage in person with the owner.
Due to high levels of interest in such opportunities, successful candidates will be contacted within the first week of application. If you are unsuitable for this role, four will keep you in mind for future opportunities.
or call us on 01204 326 444