Quality Engineer - New product Introduction
Aerospace / Manufacturing
South Manchester based - site based role with flexibility
Salary - Up to £35,000 + Company bonus & Benefits
Leading Manufacturing business based in South Manchester are looking to introduced an experienced Quality Engineer to focus on all New Product Introduction across teh business - this is a newly created roles and stems from a period of growth and investment into the quality management and control within the business.
This is a role coordinating, implementing, and maintaining quality deliverables within new product introduction process, safe launch, and engineering change throughout lifetime of the product. Ensure processes established during NPI has efficient controls and will achieving planned results and outputs including process capacity, capability, costs, and quality.
This role has close working relationship with quality team members, with NPD, engineering, process, production, tooling, and operations.
- Act as quality representitive for NPD/NPI programmes. Engage with engineering and NPD team for new process and tools qualification, new product introduction, engage with APQP tasks
- Lead FMEA, PPAPs, R&R, safe launch and other activities from quality perspective for NPD/NPI, safe launch and engineering changes
- Develop and implement quality standards and control system in conjunction with operations team.
- Creation of work instructions, control plans, test plans, process flows and other process quality documents and supporting implementations into production team.
- Engage with requirements and traceability management.
- Implementation and coordination of SPC and ensure process performance meets intended outcomes.
- Perform quality assessments for NPI and monitor all activities for measuring processes.
- Train various teams on quality procedures and ensure compliance to best practices.
- Provide instructions for successful implementation of process changes.
- Monitor engineering changes and their results.
- Lead problem resolution process for product or process issues in NPI phase and safe launch. Develop corrective actions, preventive actions, and improvement tracking. Assess efficiency of taken actions.
- Be 1st level of contact and lead weekly NPI meetings with process related functions in organisation (production, NPD, engineering, processing, etc.)
- Support process improvement & problem-solving meetings and activities within the Group.
- Support other quality functions within HT Manchester team during all relevant activities
- Knowledge of injection moulding process and tooling manufacturing process.
- Experienced working in a manufacturing environment working in a safe and effective manner.
- Previous NPD / NPI experience and demonstrated use of quality tools/methodology.
- Experienced in preparing process documentation including Works Instructions, Quality Control Plans, PPAP, FMEA, and relevant quality documentation.
- A good level of understanding the GD&T and drawings.
- Ability to interpret data accurately. Minitab experience.
- Understanding the project management principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive core tools: APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, control plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality standards: ISO 9001, IATF 16949.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines in timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail with a creative attitude and proactive nature
- PC skills & experience in the use of MS Office
- Good communication skills in English language, written & oral.
Ideally, the successful candidate will come from an Aerospace or Automotive background and have the demonstrable technical knowledge to support the requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join in a newly created role and progress/develop within a fast growing business!
For more info, please contact Danielle@4recruiting.co.uk
or call us on 01204 326 444