Quality Engineer - Customer
Aerospace / Manufacturing
South Manchester based - site based role with flexibility
Salary - Up to £30,000 + Company bonus & Benefits
Leading Manufacturing business based in South Manchester are looking to introduce an experienced Quality Engineer to focus on leading customer related processes including new products and serial production products, tooling, testing, auditing, problem resolution, improvements to ensure meeting requirements of all relevant stakeholders.
This role has close working relationship with internal and external customers, quality team members, NPD, engineering, process, production, tooling, and operations.
- Engage with internal and external customer, engineering, tooling, production, operations and other relevant stakeholders to address internal and external non-commences, concerns and complaints
- Lead problem resolution for system, process, and product issues. Lead implementation of containment actions. Determine root cause and implement corrective / preventative actions. Prepare of 8D reports.
- Perform internal audits in line with annual audit programme.
- Train various teams on quality procedures and ensure compliance to best practices.
- Provide instructions for successful implementation of process changes.
- Monitor changes and their results.
- Managing and hosting customer visits and deliver key information as requested by the customer.
- Leading and improving compliance adherence to company standards and requirements.
- Monitoring data gathering and prepare reports.
- Support implementation of changes in Customer Specific Requirements.
- Support monitoring of customer satisfaction and customer needs and expectations.
- Initiate activities and improvements of customer satisfaction.
- Be 1st level of contact and lead meetings with internal and external customers and related functions in organisation (production, NPD, engineering, processing, etc.)
- Support process improvement & problem-solving meetings and activities within the Group.
- Support other quality functions within the Manchester team during all relevant activities.
- Knowledge of injection moulding process and tooling manufacturing process.
- Experienced working in a manufacturing environment working in a safe and effective manor
- Previous quality assurance experience and demonstrated use of quality tools/methodology, including problem-solving methodologies.
- Experienced in writing process documentation including Works Instructions, Quality Control Plans, and relevant quality documentation.
- General experience in a variety of manufacturing processes and ability to work within a team and as an individual contributing in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of problem-solving methodology and associated tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive core tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality standards: AS 9100, ISO 9001, IATF 16949.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines in timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail with a creative attitude and proactive nature
- PC skills & experience in the use of MS Office
- Good communication skills in English language, written & oral
- High ethical standards
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established yet growing team aiming to be the best in class - for more info, please contact Danielle@4recruiting.co.uk
or call us on 01204 326 444