Purchasing Officer / Buyer
Aerospace (Raw Materials)
Burnley based - Hybrid working available
Salary - up to £35k + Bonus & Benefits
Established Aerospace organisation based in Burnley, Lancashire are looking to secure a seasoned purchasing professional to join their team as Purchasing Officer. Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager with a dotted line into the Commercial director, you will play a huge part in the further growth and development of the business.
The Purchasing Officer role is vital in ensuring the Company has all the materials used in the production process. It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Officer to place all purchase orders with our Suppliers/Partners and ensure deliveries are made on time and in full, so that the company can deliver on its commitments with its key global aerospace customers. Building strong and effective relationships with our global raw material suppliers is crucial to ensure timely performance of their obligations, and to resolve any forecasted supply risks. Sourcing and engaging with indirect suppliers to ensure the Company is getting best value for money for production support items, services and critical technologies.
- Raise and maintain all Purchase Orders and complete all ordering on behalf of the Company with our Global Supply Chain.
- Ensure all Purchase Requisitions are converted to Purchase Orders and signed off and actioned in a timely manner.
- Manage the Supplier account set up process and ensure suppliers maintain all required quality approvals required within the Aerospace industry.
- Single point of contact for all raw material Suppliers.
- Ensure deliveries are made on time and in full. Lead the supplier key performance reviews and manage to completion any supplier corrective actions.
- Manage and maintain the supplier open order book for all raw materials. Understand and communicate supply risks, and escalate as necessary for support in problem resolution.
- Work with the wider team to continuously improve the supplier management process, drawing on best practice from colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Provide commercial support to Supplier Quality Assurance colleagues in resolving supplier non-conformance's.
- Actively pursue cost reduction opportunities within the supply chain. Ensure all purchases made are cost effective and value for money.
- Manage and maintain cost reduction tracker, record savings to budget and cost avoidance.
- Maintain raw material pricing within the company ERP system.
- Work with the Commercial team to ensure raw material unit pricing is flowed through to Customers.
- Manage the Request For Quotation process with suppliers, maintain quotation/proposal documentation, facilitate assessment and down select process, and facilitate key sourcing decisions.
- Assist the Commercial team when necessary with raw material pricing information to enable the company's solution development and proposals to customers.
- Provide support to the Finance team in resolving any invoicing price queries with suppliers.
- Support export control activities within the supply chain.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Experience of managing key suppliers/partners to achieve on time delivery and adherence to stringent quality standards.
- A collaborative team player
- Capable of thinking and acting independently
- Able to develop strong and beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree level of education in business or a related field preferred
- CIPS professional qualification preferred but not essential
- Purchase Order management experience is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience of working within an export control governed environment is an advantage. Export Control training will be an advantage.
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems.
- High level of proficiently in business (desktop) applications (Microsoft), Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Confident in using MS Excel, with the ability use key functionality to report and manipulate data to provide meaningful information to key stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management and supplier facing experience essential.
- Excellent level of commercial awareness and understanding of pricing and Supply Agreements.
- Evidence of collaborative working and problem solving.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join at a time of significant growth and exciting development - the role requires someone comfortable working in that fast paced aerospace environment, reacting to situations with a solutions driven approach and attention to detail.
The business operate a hybrid working model and welcome any seasoned professionals to interview.
or call us on 01204 326 444