Reporting Too - Commercial Director
Salary up to £60k + Flexible Bonus
Benefits - Enhanced pension, future progression / Path to Director
Location - Shepley, Huddersfield (Role is predominantly site based)
My client are a family run, £40million Turnover business looking to introduce an experienced Procurement Manager following a period of significant growth.
The Procurement Manager is responsible to lead procurement strategy as well as category and operational management of their designated spend categories to reduce Total Cost of Ownership, provide supply continuity, and deliver on quality and service expectations. This role will also assist in governance and operational development across the designated procurement area, as well as being a key stakeholder in shaping and developing our short-, medium- and long-term business strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all category influencers and become the business-wide category subject matter expert from both a technical and commercial perspective across multiple categories.
- Develop and execute procurement strategies and plans for the category together with stakeholders that deliver on multi-year category needs and reduce our Total Cost of Ownership and improve availability, quality, service and innovation.
- Seek, support and implement raw material cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop Requests for Information (RFI) with potential vendors.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotes (RFQ), assess results, document recommendations and communicate results to vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Develop fact-based negotiation strategies and conduct negotiations with vendors to achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders on supplier selection and service level benchmarks to gain proper alignment on category direction and ensure satisfaction.
- Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers. Develop and maintain vendor agreements in collaboration with Legal team.
- Oversee implementation activities, assess and mitigate potential risks, evaluate project successes and failures and drive process changes to improve future projects
Manage all aspects of category from source to payment and ensure compliance to policy on all sourcing activities.
- Manage vendor relationships, track performance and communicate vendor performance feedback
Assist in the development and management of departmental budgets and work with Finance team to analyse trends and monitor and address any variances on delivered pricing.
- Research, track and communicate industry trends, best practices, applicable indices, and competitive offerings to identify opportunities for innovation, competitive advantage and increased profitability.
- Assist in projects that help build the function, department as well as the overall Niagara business.
- Assist in identification, evaluation, selection and implementation of relevant technologies.
Key Candidate Competencies
- Minimum 2 Years - Experience working as part of a Purchasing function within a manufacturing environment.
- 4 Years - Experience in a Management or Mentor capacity across people/projects
- Previous experience of assisting with the creation and delivery of the purchasing strategy within a manufacturing environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp the bigger picture and think long term.
- Recognition of Opportunity - recognises new opportunities and acts to take advantage of them.
- Attitude and drive is key - you will be required to be a true team player with the wider business strategy at the forefront of your priorities
- Assertiveness: able to defend a point of view and to confront others appropriately when necessary; unafraid to take controversial positions and challenge the conventional wisdom or status quo.
- Comfort with Risk: takes risks when appropriate, isn't afraid to innovate and experiment.
- Creative Thinking: able to think creatively, generating new ideas and approaches to situations.
- Organisational Priority: able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organisation, even though they cause individual people distress.
- Negotiation Skill: skilled in negotiating tactics, effective in utilising analysis and creative solutions to extract the greatest value for the company.
Merit-orientation: judges ideas and people on merit alone, without bias or favouritism
- Influence: can influence and persuade other people, even without direct authority.
The successful candidate will be a true team player with the ability to think outside the box and offer solutions as opposed to problems. In return the business offer the perfect platform for continuous growth and development.
or call us on 01204 326 444