Job Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £27,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, hybrid working, study support and development opportunities, free parking on site, public transport links in close distance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a purchase ledger clerk / accounts assistant to join a down to earth and growing business based in Rochdale. The position is responsible for end to end accounts payable and has wider responsibility for accounts administration and support of the wider finance function.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience working within invoice processing / transactional finance, with good technical ability within Excel being essential for success. Suitable past roles including accounts payable, accounts administrator, finance assistant etc. Learning and development opportunities are on offer for the right person such as an AAT study package.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Over time, this position will develop into full end to end management of the purchase ledger, working in a small and close-knit team.
- Weekly payment runs.
- Invoice processing in high volumes
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Creating reports in Excel
- Data entry
- Managing the payables email inbox and being the first point of contact for all inbound queries
- Query resolution to an excellent standard by phone and email
The ideal candidate will have:
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Confidence in your ability to work accurately and independently on tasks
- Good ability within Excel - knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and Sum-ifs
- Strong query resolution and communication skills - being able to resolve issues, question thoroughly and chase for further information as required.
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Supportive team environment and good office culture
- Annual cost of living pay reviews
- Discretional bonus scheme based on company performance
- Hybrid working offering 2 days a week from home and 3 in the office
- Team building activities and social events twice a year
- Casual Fridays
- A competitive salary for the role level up to 27k DOE
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444