Pay Bracket: £20,000 - £27,000 Depending on Experience
Benefits: Hybrid working (currently 100% remote), 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, company pension scheme, free parking on site, team activities and incentives + unrivalled company culture
This is an exclusive recruitment project offering multiple positions within a growing Accounts Payable team based in Bolton. Due to a period of significant growth, we are looking for dedicated, down to earth, and diligent individuals to join a team with a true family feel.
These positions are open to candidates of all experience levels including trainees / graduates, offering up to £27,000 DOE. As the purchase ledger clerk, your role will cover a range of accounting duties, including BACS payments, query resolution, supplier statement reconciliation and 3-way matching. No systems knowledge is required, however experience using Oracle or SAP is advantageous.
This is a values-led employer who listen to their staff – the team currently work completely remotely, with the plan to gradually return to the office for 2 days a week, offering flexibility and freedom without micro-managing. There is an additional vacancy for a 6-month rolling contract on a fully remote basis too. Despite working remotely, the team keep in contact, regularly arranging fun activities, quizzes, and workshop sessions to ensure collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the Accounts Payable Manager, your role will include the following areas:
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Building relationships and credibility with suppliers
- Management and resolution of supplier queries – escalating as needed
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date systems – investigating any discrepancies
- Paying employee expenses
- BACS Payments
The ideal candidate will have:
- Existing knowledge of Accounts Payable is highly advantageous but not essential – we are open to applicants from university routes or with existing experience
- Computer literacy, particularly confidence on Excel and working with quantities of data
- Strong customer service and a personable nature
- A friendly personality with clear communication skills and strong written ability
- An inquisitive approach to work with strong attention for detail, being able to interrogate business systems and rectify errors
You’ll benefit from:
Our client believes in going the extra mile for their staff and has a very attractive benefits package, including:
- An above market rate salary up to £27,000 DOE
- Flexible working policy – currently 100% remote and a maximum of 2/5 days in the office long-term - one contract role offering 100% remote working until December 2022
- Understanding managers who will support you during your onboarding and beyond – being approachable and having an open-door policy.
- Full systems training and opportunities to develop yourself within the role – moving into a senior position or having the long-term opportunity to work in different areas of the finance team
- Modern working environment when based in the office with free on-site parking
- An internal mentorship programme pairing you to an established member of the team – ensuring you receive support and feel integrated with the wider team
- Full IT set-up provided by the business for remote working
- Working in a company of like-minded individuals with a family feel
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you’re keen to learn more then please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444