Job Title: - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: - £25,000-£27,000
Location: - Blackburn
Benefits: - Hybrid and Flexible Working, 25 Days plus Bank Holidays, Modern Working Environment, scope to progress, company pension scheme and many more exciting benefits
Our client is a successful and forward-thinking business based in Blackburn, who are looking to expand their finance team to include an end-to-end accounts payable clerk. Working alongside the Finance Manager, your role will be to manage the company's purchase ledger start to finish, taking control of processing all company invoices, maintaining an accurate system, and processing payment runs.
This is a new position created due to growth and has the opportunity for you to bring further innovation to the company, driving improvements as you see fit. A generous starting salary is on offer up to £27,000 and there is future scope to become involved with wider areas of the accounts team. The team is friendly and down to earth who work flexibly, with hybrid working also on offer.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the finance manager, your role is to manage the Accounts Payable function including:
- To ensure that all invoices are logged, matched and confirmed are posted correctly and in a timely manner
- Liaise with internal / external departments regarding the resolution of invoice queries.
- To work with our suppliers and our internal customer team to understand and resolve supplier queries
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Generate weekly payment runs
- Housekeeping of the supplier ledger
- Deal with any requests sent to the generic Accounts Payable email
- Run daily logged invoices report
- Ensure housekeeping of all accounts is kept up to date, raising any issues to Accounts Payable Team Leader
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- Any other duties as requested by the Purchase Ledger Team Leader to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum experience of 2 years in purchase ledger / accounts payable
- Friendly personality and strong communication skills, able to build relationships with internal staff and external parties
- Experience of processing expenses is advantageous
- No qualifications are required
- Strong attention to detail and good time management
You'll benefit from: Our client is a progressive organisation who continually looks to improve their existing processes. In this role, your ideas will be listened to and you will be able to have full control of the function. A great benefits package is also on offer, including the following:
- A generous salary up to £27,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working arrangement, offering hybrid working
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Supportive team offering any training needed and future opportunity to grow
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Callum for immediate consideration on 01204 326444
or call us on 01204 326 444