Job Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
Location: Horwich, Bolton
Benefits: 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, hybrid working model 50/50 home and office split, subsidised on-site amenities, progression opportunities, cycle to work scheme and company discounts. Free on-site parking available and excellent rail links (ideal for commuters living in Bolton, Preston, Chorley and Manchester).
Our client is a global organisation in the technology sector who are rapidly expanding, growing a new team of 13 in the past 2 ½ years. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join them working within the purchase ledger team. This is a rewarding role where you will build and manage relationships within your own supplier ledger, being involved in query resolution and statement reconciliations. Hybrid working has been implemented as a permanent feature, offering a healthy balance between home and office, alongside many fantastic benefits.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the finance manager, you will manage you will ensure timely payments into the business, managing your own ledger. This will require data entry, matching, batching, coding and query resolution. This is a fast-paced role with variation and scope for growth.
- Inputting invoices onto the company system
- Creating new supplier accounts
- Matching to POs
- Managing your own ledger
- Monthly statement reconciliations
- Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers
- Query resolution in a timely manner
- Assisting senior staff in month end reporting and duties
Who would be the right fit?
This role will suit a variety of candidates at different points in their careers. We are looking for someone who is quick to learn with a positive approach to their work. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone with a purchase ledger background who is looking to move away from continual high volume data entry, who is instead looking to form meaningful relationships with suppliers in a role providing real satisfaction.
We would love to see the following:
- A candidate with 3-way matching experience is highly desired (although not essential)
- Friendly personality and the ability to work as a team
- Strong computer skills, being familiar with Microsoft packages and quick to learn
- A strong background of purchase ledger with query management
What our client can offer
- A generous starting salary depending on experience
- Company discount schemes, cycle to work scheme, staff events and socials and much more
- Hybrid working model with 2 days a week working remote and flexible hours between 7 am - 6.30pm, 7.5 hour working days.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays - rising to 27 post two years in service.
- Progression opportunities within the team and wider accounts function, with the potential for future study support
This position will start as a 12-month contract with the opportunity of becoming permanent for the right candidate. If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration - 01204 326444 for more details.
or call us on 01204 326 444