Job Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Pay Bracket: £22,000 - £24,000
Benefits: Flexible working hours, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and AAT study support
This is an exclusive opportunity for a purchase ledger clerk to join a modern, vibrant, and progressive business based just outside of central Blackburn. A great benefits package is on offer including an AAT study support package and flexible hours, offering an early 2pm Friday finish.
We are looking for a friendly and optimistic person to join the close-knit team. An ideal background will be a candidate who has a minimum of 6 months experience within accounts payable / purchase ledger, with experience of processing high volumes of invoices and working at pace.
This is a fun and energetic environment, making team fit essential, if you’re looking for a collaborative employer with great team engagement read on!
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the Finance Manager, your role is to support the existing purchase ledger team in the processing of invoices, supplier management and creating reports.
- Processing high volumes of purchase invoices on a daily basis
- Liaison amongst internal departments and suppliers, resolving any issues, invoice discrepancies and queries – ensuring high levels of customer service
- Ensuring an up-to-date system, setting up new suppliers and updating details of existing accounts
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Taking ownership of assigned supplier accounts and supplier relationship management
- Processing company expenses
- Weekly payment runs
- Creating reports and assisting the management team with ad hoc tasks as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum experience of 6-12 months within a similar role
- A friendly personality who enjoys working within a team
- Someone who is looking to improve themselves and the processes around them – an AAT studier would be ideal for the role
- Strong computer literacy is highly beneficial to this role – systems knowledge such as SAP, Navision, Oracle and Concur are all highly advantageous but not essential
You’ll benefit from:
- A salary up to £24,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours to suit you, ensuring a great work/life balance – with the option to finish at 2pm on Fridays
- Modern and attractive working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you’re keen to learn more then please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444