Production & Demand Planning / Scheduler
Well known and respected Aerospace Manufacturer
PE backed - £15million T/O and growing
Darwen - site based role
Salary - dependant on experience
37 hours (4 day week - Mon-Thurs)
My client are a well known and respected name in the Aerospace industry currently in their 71st year of operation.
The business have experienced significant change and growth since first operation and have since received PE backing.
Due to this growth, the business are looking to introduce further support within the demand planning side ensuring customer demand is maintained and aligns to Inventory balance and availability to fulfil this customer demand.
Ensuring that customer demand is met on time and in full at lowest delivered cost
The successful candidate will be responsible for reacting and rescheduling in a timely and efficient manner, as and when unforeseen activity cause disruption to the plan, by considering the wider objectives, whilst still maintaining the optimum service level to the customer at lowest delivered cost.
Important to note that these are responsibilities of someone fluent in the role and a lot of the below can be taught with the correct foundations....
- Perform scheduling duties and manufacturing resource planning (MRPII) tasks in support of customer production or development programs.
- Duties will include the translation of a program's master schedule into a program or project schedule, generating a sequenced work to list, by program of responsibility, by work centre by Stock Keeping Unit (SKU), to be deployed into manufacturing.
- Execution of MRPII activities, such as job pack creation, distribution of materials and program inventory planning.
- Planning complex programs or functional areas and ensuring that process work orders are created for work to be performed based on the production schedule.
- Analyse and evaluate MRPII to assure demand requirements are met. Regularly review and balance production workload in accordance with established work centre capacities.
- Establishing and maintaining of an Inventory Plan for each program under their responsibility which in turn directly influence manufacturing cost through the proper planning and execution of program scheduling.
- Monitor schedule and progress of each manufacturing resource throughout the day
- Make updates on job priorities using Epicor ERP system
- Check the status of materials, manufacturing jobs, purchased components, and outside services
- Inform Sales, Procurement, Shipping, Quality Inspection and Manufacturing of schedule changes that may drive action for multiple groups
- Identify bottleneck operations and take action to raise awareness to appropriate resources and collaborate with them to establish priorities and implement solutions to adhere to schedule
- Provide clear and timely communication to the customers, Program managers, Master scheduling, NPI and purchasing on production status for schedule delays and action being taken to meet schedule
- Participate in pre-production review meetings and follow-up with Engineering or other resources to ensure all operational concerns have been resolved
- Ensure Epicor is maintained for date changes, quantity changes, operations added, or when jobs must be put on hold
- Perform daily review of all job transactions and ensure proper maintenance is performed
- Participate in continuous improvement of planning systems and drive improved accuracy and efficiency
- Monitor and report standards deviation from actuals
- Participate in team meetings to ensure that a consolidated view is available and does not exceed capacity of shared resource work centres
- Timely escalation of unresolved issues likely to impact on OTIF performance
- Attend, contribute and lead cross functional meetings to improve, and or expedite service to the customer.
- Whilst its important that you have those solid planning foundations, Culture and value fit are key
- Previous Customer facing experience is key
- You will be a strong communicator and highly proficient in MS office applications - particularly Excel
- You will have an understanding of different value streams and have previous exposure working within a similar role and environment
This is a great opportunity for growth - reporting into the lead production scheduler as well as having a dotted line into the head of Supply Chain, you will have access to constant training and development within an exciting and fast paced working environment.
The business operate a 4 day working week - Monday-Thursday
or call us on 01204 326 444