Manchester City Centre - Site based role
Beauty Retail & Ecommerce
Salary - Up to £65k + Benefits & Bonus
My client are impressive Manchester based based business experiencing substantial and consistent growth within the Beauty and E-Commerce industry.
Due to this growth, they're looking to secure and experienced Procurement Manager to lead on all things buying and logistics across the business.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Director, you will effectively source key external supply partners across all categories of Direct Goods, Indirect Goods and services for the business - ensuring that costs are managed in line with financial budgets and savings targets, that best value for money is achieved, that innovation and continuous improvement is maximised, and that risk is minimised across all categories.
- Identify & implement opportunities to adopt professional Procurement practices which will underpin supplier negotiations, strategic account relationships, performance evaluations and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create and actively manage a manufacturing supply base that can deliver appropriate product innovation, competitive commercial terms and efficient supply chain management. Ensure all vendor relationships are effectively managed to consistently meet service levels and minimise risk.
- Form excellent relationships with internal budget-holders, with the NPD project team, leaders and project managers. Ensuring that projects are well defined and business cases are fully approved prior to sourcing activity being undertaken. Ensuring NPD & innovation is delivered to market, ahead of competition.
- Formulate category strategy plans, policies and processes to support the procurement of finished goods, logistics, facilities and other spend categories.
- Act as a conduit who brings relevant market intelligence and insight to the business enabling stakeholders to make improved decisions.
- Implementing a legally robust framework for key purchases that provide Refy with the appropriate level of protection and risk management.
- Supporting the Supply Chain Director & the Supply chain team in formal sourcing and contract review processes as well as in-contract commercial and contract negotiations across the category(s) ensuring a full follow through of internal processes including RFP, tender document preparation, benchmarking, scoring and due diligence are completed.
- Preparation of monthly reports and updates for the Supply Chain Director for presentation to the Board and the Logistics Management Team.
The ideal candidate
- Degree / CIPS / 6+ years experience in a Procurement focused role
- Robust business acumen with the ability to understand the contribution of Procurement decisions on the wider business
- A strong communicator and influencer, able to actively tailor communication at all levels.
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and sell a vision.
- Proven track record delivering results, achieving cost efficiency's and improvements in other supply chain metrics.
- The ability to move between a 'birds-eye view' but also roll up your sleeves and problem solve when necessary
- Flexible and adaptable with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks across multiple projects using project management skills
- Knowledge of a wide range of spend categories would be beneficial
This is a brand new role to the business and offers the right candidate the opportunity to join at a time of growth whilst also offering strategic influence as to her the business develops moving forward
or call us on 01204 326 444