Position: Payroll Assistant - Preston
We are looking for a payroll clerk to join an existing finance function in the heart of Preston City Centre. Our client is a rapidly growing construction company experiencing unprecedented growth through the pandemic. A successful candidate will have great attention to detail and familiarity working in a fast-paced environment, although preferred, experience in construction is not required.
Given the nature of the sector, we are looking for a pay roller who is able to manage payroll for our client's contractors and permanent staff. Experience with Sage Line 50 is preferred, however some training can be provided.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Inputting transactions and timesheets, processing starters and leavers.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed and paid promptly with excellent accuracy.
- Communicating with colleagues to provide a teamwork approach, problem solving together.
- Escalation of issues such as time sheet errors or contractor disputes to the financial controller
- Processing BACS timetables, issuing payslips, collating summary reports and PAYE information to clients
- Undertake continuous professional development to enhance skills and job performance
- Aiding payroll invoicing
- Uploading overtime, pensions and benefits to the system
- HMRC submissions
We are looking for someone who is able to hit the ground running, strong verbal and written communication is essential, including great IT literacy. Some ad-hoc accounts duties may also be required to assist with the smooth running of the accounts department.
Please apply directly to this advert for immediate consideration for the role. Please note due to high volumes of applications if you are not contacted within two weeks you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This role is located on site with PPE and social distancing in place. Transport links are easily accessible given the location with parking located nearby. Bonuses are on offer to the finance team for achieving KPIs, making the office a dynamic and enjoyable environment.
or call us on 01204 326 444