Role: Payroll Supervisor / Payroll Manager
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 DOE
Location: East Lancashire
We are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a group payroll supervisor / manager to join our client, a growing business based in East Lancashire, on a permanent basis. This position has a wide scope for learning and development within a values-led organisation and the scope to develop a payroll team. We are open to candidates who are looking to further their career, or candidates already at this level.
As the supervisor, your role is to oversee the monthly payroll across several companies within the group. Your job is to finalise and approve the payroll of almost 1,000 employees, managing a close-knit team, handling technical queries, and driving improvements within the business.
An ideal candidate will be a social character with team spirit, confident in your own abilities but remaining committed to your professional development.
In return, market-leading benefits are on offer within the organisation, including 28 days holiday PLUS bank holidays, private health care, company pension scheme, hybrid working, flexible hours and unrivalled company culture.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Managing multiple monthly payrolls end to end
- Managing the company system, working closely with the HR team
- Day to day management of a small payroll team
- Helping in the onboarding and upskilling of the payroll staff
- Encouraging professional development of the team - promoting training and educational courses
- Administering company benefits
- HMRC and pension submissions
- Payroll project work
An ideal candidate will be:
A strong candidate for the role will be a friendly and approachable team player with a minimum of 4 years' experience of end to end payroll knowledge.
- An enthusiastic team player
- Existing payroll experience and experience managing a team
- Confidence using Excel and Payroll Systems
- Ability to work at pace
Benefits on offer:
- Generous holiday package
- Attractive office space, great team culture and hybrid working model
- Private health care and medical insurance
- Training and development opportunities
For immediate consideration please apply directly to this advert. We are able to take a successful candidate immediately or wait a notice period.
or call us on 01204 326 444