Role: Part-time Accounts Assistant (20 Hours)
Salary: £24,000-£25,000 pro rata
Benefits: Hybrid and Flexible Working Patterns, Parking Pass, discounts, and many more exciting benefits!
We are recruiting for a part-time Accounts Assistant based in central Bolton offering 20 hours per week (flexible on days) in a newly refurbished office with public transport located very closely. Our exclusive client is an established organisation operating for over 50 years in Bolton. It has recently secured further investment and is looking to develop further and grow its local presence, expanding into new markets.
This position is responsible for management of the purchase ledger and sales ledger, working alongside a small and close-knit finance team. Previous experience of purchase ledger is essential, however there is plenty of support and guidance on offer from the finance manager.
There is flexibility on offer in your starting and finishing times, making this an ideal role for someone with other responsibilities / commitments. Whilst this role will require an office presence, our client is set up for remote working and will be able to offer some hybrid working post training period.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Your role will be to assist the efficient operation of the companies financial systems and enable provision of financial management information to the finance department.
- To maintain the purchase ledger from processing to payment
- Process all purchase invoices received and ensure all invoices are coded and processed correctly
- Manage the account email inbox
- Reconcile all suppliers' statements and resolve queries
- Prepare sales invoices through Sage 200
- Credit Control
- Reconciling customer accounts and prepare statements
- Collate all petty cash
- Ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working as a finance assistant or bookkeeper
- Previous experience on sales, purchase and nominal ledgers
- Knowledge of the software Sage - Experience of Sage200 is highly advantageous
- A team player with strong time management
Who would be the right fit?
- Good numeracy skills
- Financial skills
- Book keeping skills
- Accuracy and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office
- Ability to multi-task
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert. We are able to offer an immediate start but are able to wait for candidates with a notice period.
or call us on 01204 326 444