Role: Part-time Office / Accounts Administrator
Pay: £12.17 an hour – circa 25 hours a week
This is an exclusive opportunity to join our client, a family business based in Nelson. We are looking for someone with a background of transactional accounting and office administration to join the close-knit team on a part-time basis. This is a permanent and stable opportunity within a long-established business, offering 25 hours a week with competitive pay over £12 an hour. This is a flexible arrangement with hours to suit you – with an early finish at 1.30pm on Fridays.
Our client is a traditional business with a friendly office of hard workers. Free parking is available on site and the business is closely situated to the M65 – making the business easily accessible to candidates from Nelson, Colne, Burnley and beyond.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Purchase ledger – matching, batching, and coding of invoices, uploading onto Sage200
- General office administration – ensuring the smooth running of the accounts team – answering the accounts phone line and any email queries
- Making accommodation bookings for staff
- Query resolution and customer service – ensuring that customers receive great care
- Credit Control administration – processing of sales orders and assisting in the collection of payments
What we’re looking for:
An ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is down to earth and personable – looking to benefit from flexible hours within a stable employer.
- Experience in accounts administration
- Knowledge of accounts payable / purchase ledger
- Experience using Sage is advantageous but not essential
- Background of working within an office-based environment
- Friendly personality and able to work as part of a team
What’s on offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Part-time hours with flexibility around your preference – core hours are 8.30 – 4.30 and 8.30 – 1.30pm on Friday
- 25 hours a week working arrangement
- Friendly team and down to earth business
- Free parking on site
- Scope to develop your role and responsibilities over time
For immediate consideration please apply to this advert with an updated CV, we are able to wait for the right candidate as this role is due to long term succession planning in the business.
or call us on 01204 326 444