Job Title: Office and Accounts Manager - full time or part-time
Pay Bracket: £28,000 - £34,000
Location: Manchester North city centre
Benefits: 30 days holiday, 37.5 hours a week - 30 hours a week available, free parking and excellent company culture with autonomy
Our client is a profitable and successful SME based within 10 minutes' walk of Manchester Victoria Station / Green Quarter, looking for an experienced accounts and office professional. This is an exclusive opportunity to join a close-knit business in a hands-on and well-rounded role, supporting an entrepreneurial managing director.
We are looking for someone with a strong background of office management and transactional accounting - including sales ledger, purchase ledger and supplier relations. Having the AAT qualification is advantageous but not essential, with experience being key. In this role, you'll manage the day-to-day office function and complete bookkeeping duties for the business, alongside the support of an external accountant and the managing director.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Managing a busy office environment, enabling the business to flourish - including:
- Management of transactional finances for the office - Payment runs, processing invoices, account reconciliations and supplier relationships, including payment chases / credit control
- Managing the company telephone and general enquiries inbox
- Managing company documentation
- Collating data to maintain a small company payroll, requiring maintenance of HR records and payroll processing.
- Daily bank reconciliations for multi-currency accounts
- Ensuring accurate and updated terms and conditions with suppliers and customers, also gaining new quotes, and assisting in deal pricing
- Making bookings for the company director and managing the company diary
- VAT returns
- Other office-based duties as required by the business
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Good communication style with a professional manner for client communications and a friendly personality to blend with the existing team
- A hands-on approach and willingness to get involved with the wider office team
- At least 3 years' experience within an office environment
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help and provide you with a full list of responsibilities.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444