Title: Management Accountant
Salary range: £38,000 - £44,000 - Negotiable DOE + Study Package
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, cycle to work, sick pay, life insurance and more
This is an exclusive opportunity to join a private equity backed business based in Burnley with impressive plans for future expansion. In a newly created role due to growth, you'll work closely with the Financial Controller in the production of monthly accounts, improving financial controls and working on projects.
The business currently boasts a turnover of 50 million, with plans of expanding to 80 million within the next 4 years. With this, a great opportunity is on offer to develop alongside a growing business. We are looking for a part-qualified professional who is looking to develop their career, looking to hire for attitude and train for skill.
Over time, you'll become a fully-fledged management accountant with scope to develop into senior management, with a future FC role on offer for someone hands on and embedded in the business.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, your role will cover:
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts - including balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, profit, and loss, fixed asset register
- Reporting and forecasting for management - excel modelling.
- VAT returns
- Analysing the performance of transactional processing teams, driving efficiency, and finding improvements for the business
- Business partnering with various stakeholders.
- Delivering budgets to stakeholders and working with multiple departments across the business to achieve targets and reduce spend.
- Projects and ad hoc tasks as required to support the wider function, particularly collaborating with the commercial projects team.
You'll benefit from:
This is a fast-paced environment with great long-term potential to gain commercial exposure and to enhance your career.
- A strong starting salary negotiable DOE
- Study support for ACCA / CIMA and mentorship
- Great holiday package - 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Flexible hours on offer, core hours of 9-4
- Early Friday finishes
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Company sick pay
- Option to buy additional holiday days
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum experience of 2-3 years in a similar level position - Assistant Accountant level onwards
- Strong knowledge of Excel inc pivot tables and v-lookups
- Good people skills, being able to communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification and an ambitious nature
- The desire to improve yourself and others around you - ensuring high standards.
- Experience in project accounting is highly advantageous but not essential.
- Close proximity to the Burnley site / access to their own transport
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
Following this, your CV will be sent off with a consultant overview to secure the interview. The interview process will most likely be 2 stages taking place first via Teams and secondly in the office.
or call us on 01204 326 444