Job Title: Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: up to £45,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, length of service awards, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, pension scheme, free parking
Four Financial are pleased to present an exclusive opportunity based in Burnley for an ambitious accountant with an analytical mindset - whether studying or newly qualified. This role will manage the monthly close, budgeting and forecasting for the business, working closely with the group FC.
The position will be tasked with analysing the performance and looking to make business improvements, implementing internal controls and business partnering - offering a position which can develop with you during a period of exciting expansion for the company.
For a more junior candidate, mentorship and study support is also on offer.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
In a newly created post due to growth, your role will be both commercial and analytical in focus, helping the business to make well-informed decisions and boost profitability, including:
- Financial analysis of multiple sites, using large data sets
- Month end duties such as balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Analysing financial performance against previous months, quarters, and years - making suggestions for business improvements
- Fixed assets analysis
- Monitor and control of costs, ensuring costing system accuracy.
- Developing and reporting on KPIs
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, providing reports on actuals and variance
- Working with the senior leadership team - Identifying improvement areas within existing accounting systems and procedures, looking to maximise efficiency and productivity.
The ideal candidate will have:
An ideal candidate for this role is someone with a strong analytical ability and fluency within Excel for reporting and managing large data sets.
- Experience using an ERP system will benefit this role
- Good communication style to work with wider areas of the business
- Experience working within management accounts, fixed assets, financial analysis or costing
You'll benefit from:
A great benefits package is on offer for the successful person, including
- 25 days plus bank holidays, rising with service over time
- Holiday day buying scheme - option to purchase an additional 5 days per year
- Early finishes and option of flexibility in hours
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Free on site parking
- Study support for a more junior candidate on this pathway
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444