Job Title: Management Accountant (QBE or Qual)
Pay Bracket: £40,000 - £43,000
Location: Stockport - Free Parking
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Hybrid working, Flexible Hours, Free Parking, Generous pension scheme.
Our client is a long established and well-known business based in Stockport who are looking to appoint an experienced Management Accountant to the team of 6. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for your own business entity in a technical and commercial role. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a secure and stable business to join on a permanent basis, joining a long serving team and friendly, down to earth environment.
The role offers highly flexible working, based in the office 2-3 days per week, with core business hours which can easily flex around other commitments. In a trusting environment, you'll be given autonomy over your own workload, whilst being in a supportive atmosphere which can further your learning and development.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Managing end to end management accounts for a subsidiary of the business operating on a 4-week cycle, including:
- Preparation work of management accounts and commentary
- Producing Flash Reports
- High volume balance sheet reconciliations
- Depreciation of fixed assets
- Assisting in half-year and year end duties alongside the financial controller
- Budgeting and forecasting across 3 periods
- Business partnering with stakeholders of non-financial backgrounds within your entity, generating increased understanding and awareness, adding value.
- Preparing annual tax pack
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of Excel including Pivot Tables and V-lookups, with confidence working within large manual data sets
- Qualified by experience with a good length of time working in a similar level role.
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge of manual debits and credits - Essential
- A down to earth personality with good communication skills, willing to work independently or as part of a larger team. Willing to provide ad hoc support to other areas in finance.
A strong benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, including:
- Defined contribution pension scheme with employer contributions of 6%
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working with core hours of 9.30 - 3.45 in the office, with flex to leave early / arrive later around commitments.
- Hybrid working requiring 2-3 days' office presence.
- Free parking on site, close situation to public transport links and a bus travel pass for you and a companion
- Access to a staff benefits platform with access to retail and leisure
- Staff Christmas and Summer parties
- Salary up to £43,000 per year
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will be 1 stage, taking place over Teams, or in person on site. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444