Location: Stockport- hybrid working, 2 days in the office
Salary: up to £40,000 plus excellent benefits package
An established and well known South Manchester based business are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their busy finance team on an permanent basis.
The main purpose of this post is to produce all aspects of management accounts in detail, consistently and accurately each period, along with providing financial and business support to operating company management teams.
Responsibilities & duties include:
- Production and maintenance of the management accounts and liaising with the wider Finance teams
- Assisting in the consolidation of accounting reports and commentary to produce accurate and informative monthly management accounts and commentary
- Completion to timetable of VAT returns for each division on a period basis
- Production of the GRNI report on a period basis for issue to the Management Accounts team
- Preparation and posting of central journals
- Supporting budgeting, forecasting and business case processes
- Assisting in the development of VAT and GRNI processes and controls
- Ensuring all VAT and GRNI balance sheet accounts are reconciled to supporting documentary evidence
- Assisting with the continuous improvement process, and being proactive in identifying opportunities to improve processes and identify efficiencies
- Assist with preparation of year-end tax pack in accordance with Tax Department guidelines and reference to supporting documentation. Submit to Group Tax Department and resolve any queries promptly
Person Requirements - Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- Part qualifed CIMA, ACCA, ACA level (or qualified by experience) with excellent understanding of fundamental accounting principles and the application of them in practice.
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems and other bespoke systems.
- Good working knowledge of all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, fixed assets, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
- Proven track record of producing all aspects of management accounts in details from start to finish.
- Proven experience of working within a fast-paced business environment and dealing and manipulating high volume data.
- Calculation of accruals, prepayments and any other adjustments to ensure integrity and accuracy of accounts.
- Proven experience of identifying opportunities for change to drive process improvement.
- Proven track records of working closely with different stakeholders of management accounts.
- Use of accounting systems (E.g. Oracle) to upload, post journals and run various reports.
- Proven experience of half year and year end process.
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent working IT skills (proficient at Excel advance - Vlookup, pivot tables, formulas)
- Flexible, adaptable and a strong team player
- Quick to grasp new processes, procedures, systems and concepts.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to organise and structure tasks to ensure deadlines are met on a timely basis.
In return the company offer a competitive benefits scheme, hybrid and flexible working, as well as the opportunity to work for one of the UK's most established and growing companies, with continuous personal devlopment.
Please send a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444