Logistics & Transport Planner
Leading Distribution service
Warrington - Site based role
Salary - up to £26k + 8% Bonus
Following an impressive 18 year journey with continued success and growth, my client are looking to grow the business further across the North West and beyond.
Due to this consistent growth, the business are looking to add an experienced Logistics Planner to their team based in Warrington.
The business are looking for someone special, who is ambitious, hungry for success and has that competitive edge, but is attracted to an organisation which has real 'Values' at its core where customers always come first, and they never settle for an easy win at the cost-of-service excellence.
The Logistics / Transport Supervisor role is to take ownership of the transport planning side of the department, reporting to the Logistics Team Manager. The Logistics Team effectively manage 'Speed Dating' between Customers and Couriers, one half bringing the jobs in, the other half cost-effectively distributing the jobs out.
Ensuring service excellence is the real challenge, which is why the business are so successful.
- You will certainly have a Logistics background and come from a role where managing drivers and planning processes are a core part of your experiences.
- You will be at home in a fast-paced transport office where priorities can change in a matter of moments.
- You have been a key part of small teams in the past and are comfortable in a high performing team environment.
- You will be ambitious and determined to succeed.
- You will have great attention to detail and comfortable highlighting to the logistics team any discrepancies with orders you are planning to ensure service quality & success for the company is achieved.
- You will be able to place yourself in the shoes of the customer and continually ask the question "What would I want expect if I needed an urgent item collecting or delivering?" and ensure their expectations are met in full.
- You will be able to think laterally to be able to solve unplanned issues as they arrive.
- You will be comfortable working to a set of non-negotiable Values where the Customer's needs are absolute.
- You will appreciate working in a strong team environment where you are supported, developed, and valued.
- You are open to feedback and continually seek personal and professional improvements.
- You have experience of being a part of a call rota (one week in four receiving £100 bonus).
- Comfortable and confident using Transport Management Systems and other business critical IT packages.
In return, the business offer great benefits, continuous professional development and great opportunity for growth - certainly not a job for everyone however, if you're comfortable with the fast paced nature of the work and an exciting challenge, please do get in touch!
or call us on 01204 326 444