Job Title: Junior Management Accountant - Agile Working
Pay Bracket: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
Benefits: 26 days holiday + bank holidays, hybrid working, share scheme, flexible working policy
Working within a rapidly scaling business, our client is fast on their way to reaching a valuation of over 1 billion through organic growth.
This is an exclusive opportunity to join a thriving business with excellent working culture and exposure opportunities. Working directly alongside the FD, this role's mission is to deliver consistent and accurate accounts - having responsibility over the company's transactional finances and management accounts.
This is a hands-on role where you will need to be able to perform across a spectrum. If more experienced, the successful candidate can take immediate ownership of management accounts or can develop into this element of the role over time - being open to the part-qualified level onwards.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Processing company expenses - highlighting and challenging and discrepancies
- Working with the commercial team to analyse and assess deal pricing.
- Managing the company's accounts payable function - including payment runs and supplier statement reconciliations.
- Assisting in credit control and the sales ledger
- Producing financial reports for the management team
- Assisting the FD in the implementation and roll out of the new ERP system - assisting with training of wider staff members.
- Supporting on additional tasks such as yearend duties, board pack preparation, audit.
The ideal candidate will have:
For success it's vital that the candidate is self-sufficient with knowledge of transactional duties and month end close. A strong fit for the position will be someone with sound technical ability, having confidence in Excel using Pivot Tables and V-lookups.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in accounting
- Experience using Excel is key, ideally additional experience using an ERP System
- Strong time management and self-discipline to accomplish tasks to high standards.
- Someone who is in later stages of study whether ACCA or CIMA
- Must be willing to travel to Macclesfield on a regular basis (Hybrid working model in place)
You'll benefit from:
- A salary up to £45,000 per year
- 25 days plus your birthday off and bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangement offering up to 3 days working from home per week.
- Modern, progressive, and collaborative working environment
- Training, learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent exposure to the wider business in a thriving sector
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
Following this, your CV will be sent off with a consultant overview to secure you the interview. The interview process will be two stages with a competency-based test.
or call us on 01204 326 444