Job Title: Junior Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: £26,000 - £32,000 DOE
Benefits: Study Support Package, Progression Opportunities, Hybrid Working Model, 25 days' holidays plus bank holidays, company discounts and cycle to work scheme
Our client is a dynamic multi-national and successful business with headquarters based in Horwich, Bolton. We are recruiting a permanent opportunity for a junior management accountant to join a growing accounts team of 10. There is fantastic scope within this role to progress into a management position within a company which actively encourages study and growth. We are looking for someone sharp with strong technical ability to manage accounts for the business's online retail division.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the UK Finance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate financial information for the retail division's management accounts, requiring strong knowledge of balance sheet reconciliations and working within Microsoft Excel. This includes managing inventory accounts, making someone with exposure to month end and management accounts within a stock management background ideal for this position.
- Production of monthly management accounts alongside senior management accountants for the retail entity - GRNI and Inventory
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconciling profit and loss postings to aid forecasting and participating in monthly forecast variance review meetings
- Analysis of stock for all divisions, creating reports for key stakeholders
- Maintenance of GRNI nominal postings, working alongside the purchase ledger team to generate more accurate reporting.
- Working alongside the Finance Manager to create positive change, driving the ERP transformation programme.
Over time, there is the opportunity to progress into a management role, with a route on offer into a finance manager position responsible for your own team. With this, we are looking for someone with strong personable skills who will want to develop further.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability within Excel, being familiar with Macros, pivot tables and v-lookups
- Friendly personality who works well within a team
- An ambitious approach to work, wanting to grow and develop yourself
- Part-qualified background, whether ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and produce an excellent quality of work with strong attention to detail
You'll benefit from:
- Study Support and mentorship
- Hybrid working split 50/50 home and office
- A competitive starting salary up to £32,000 depending on experience.
- Fantastic company culture and office amenities - including casual dress code,
- Flexible hours between 7am to 6pm with 10am - 3.30pm core hours
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 post 2 years of service
- A collaborative environment surrounded by ambitious professionals in their field
Our client offers a highly comprehensive benefits package which includes additional benefits such as subsidised amenities on site, free parking and staff social events. The office is also located in close proximity to the local train station, making this ideal for commuters from Chorley, Preston or central Manchester etc.
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration via 01204 326444 or Victoria@4Recruiting.co.uk
or call us on 01204 326 444