Job Title: Junior Finance Business Partner - Northwest
Pay Bracket: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
Benefits: Hybrid Working, flexible hours, 10% pension scheme, travel expenses, enhanced maternity / paternity leave
An excellent opportunity for a qualified or finalist accountant to step into a commercial and analytically focused role, with broad scope across the business. In a position centred around adding value, you'll work collaboratively with the FBP team and key stakeholders - distributed across the UK.
The position will be heavily involved with process improvements, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis, using BI tools, Excel, and SAP.
An ideal fit for the position is someone who is based in the Northwest with a background of financial analysis, management accounts or business partnering / commercial finance. In a role that will develop over time, there is the opportunity to progress into a Finance Business Partner role, with great mentor figures across the business. There is a high degree of flexibility, with hybrid working in place, and some travel between the HQ in Manchester and key sites cross country (fully reimbursed)
Your main roles and responsibilities:
This role is broad in scope and will evolve over time as you progress further, including:
- Budgeting, forecasting and periodic reporting, supporting the FBP team and senior stakeholders. Working closely with budget managers.
- Financial planning, analysis, advice, and support to the wider business.
- Producing accurate and timely management accounts and financial information - including cashflow, P&L and balance sheet
- Working and developing business cases with testing and assurance at the forefront
- Ensuring costing control, supporting in consolidated reporting, forecasting, and budgeting of the company wide spending
- Analysing company expenditure and identifying opportunities for cost savings and maximisation of return on investments
- Assessing performance of various sites, looking for business improvements and communicating across an array of backgrounds
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, meeting in person on site and communicating effectively virtually - questioning data and the status quo to drive improvement and best practice.
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with
- Strong communication skills and a natural gravity towards people
- Knowledge of ERP Systems - particularly SAP
- Curiosity and strong attention to detail - probing information and using this to its maximum to better inform decisions across the business.
- Experience making meaningful stories using data, using visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, advanced Excel ability.
- Knowledge or an interest in creating dashboards - support and training can be provided on this.
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Buy up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Hybrid working and flexible policy.
- Travel expenses
- Company discount
- Progression Opportunities - a pathway in place for the role
- Study support for finalist applicants
- Excellent pension scheme with 10% employer contribution
- Enhanced maternity / paternity
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444