Role: Credit Controller (Junior / Trainee)
Location: Preston / Hybrid Working
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a junior / trainee credit controller to join an international business head quartered in Preston. This is a great role for someone looking to build a rewarding career in a progressive and forward thinking organisation, with market-leading benefits on offer.
You will join a team of 5 established and successful credit controllers who will provide thorough systems and on-job training. There is the opportunity to be office based, or to work flexibly, with the offer of hybrid working 2-3 day a week remote, extended to all company employees.
We are looking for someone who is a natural communicator with confidence in speaking to new people, and an interest in building a career within accounts. Whilst a junior role, we are also open to candidates with existing credit control experience (although not essential)
This position involves building relationships and rapport with a large client base around the UK, demonstrating strong communication skills and excellent customer service.
- Building rapport with external and internal contacts to ensure accurate distribution of financial information and to bring timely payments into the business
- Data entry and maintaining an up-to-date sales ledger, working alongside the existing team
- Issuing monthly account statements and reminders, taking a proactive approach to work
- Creating new accounts
- Query resolution, escalating to management where appropriate
- Arranging meetings with various points of contact throughout the business and externally
- Transferring and reallocating funds
- Ensuring exceptional levels of customer service and representing the brand
An ideal candidate will have:
An ideal candidate for this position can be from any point in their career, whether already working within finance / collections, or someone looking to begin their career. We are open to graduates, school leavers and those with a general office / reception background .
- A friendly personality and professional communication skills
- A willingness and desire to learn and develop yourself
- A positive approach to work
- Knowledge of computer systems, Excel, general IT literacy
- The ability to work within a team and take on independent projects once established
- A strong academic background and ambition
What we can offer you:
Our client has a fantastic reputation in the employee market with fantastic company benefits on offer. Our client is an employer who celebrates diversity and strives for inclusion.
- Full training within the role and the opportunity to develop within the position
- Hybrid working 2-3 days remote and flexible hours
- Free on-site parking and a modern office space
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Matched pension plan
- Health and well-being scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bonus scheme
For immediate consideration please apply directly to this advert.
or call us on 01204 326 444