Role: Junior Accounts Assistant
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000
Hours: 9am-5pm(Flexible Working Hours Available)
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Accounts Assistant to join one of our clients based in Manchester. This role will require the relevant individual to be all-rounded in terms of processing invoices, completing bank reconciliations, and assisting the Management Accountant in the preparation of monthly accounts, including managing the sub-ledgers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results driven individual to kickstart their finance career in a transactional role. The business is looking to continue to grow with ambitious future plans & offer a range of development plans.
An ideal candidate will either be Level 2 AAT Qualified OR have at least 1 year experience in a customer service or similar finance role and will be looking to take that first step into the finance industry.
- Processing purchase invoices
- Preparation of petty cash/bank reconciliations for group and individual sites and resolving any subsequent queries
- Reviewing debtors/creditors ledger ensuring accuracy and dealing with any anomalies.
- Maintenance of accruals and prepayments model
- Establish strong relationships with clients ensuring an effective two-way flow of communication.
- Be pro-active in providing support to assist colleagues when workloads dictate.
- Any other reasonable request from management.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Level 2 AAT qualified OR minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service or similar finance role.
- Sage 50 or Sage 200 knowledge (desirable)
- IT literate including intermediate excel skills.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at different levels.
- The ability to work efficiently with multiple colleagues.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to problem solve.
- High level of accuracy.
- Flexible working hours
- Free on-site parking
- Annual salary review
- Study support (dependant on individual & performance)
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Progression plans
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444