Head of Purchasing - Technology sector
Northwich based - Hybrid working (3 days office vs 2 days home)
Salary - Up to £65k + Benefits
Established in 1992, my client are a Multi-National business with offices in London, Paris, Dusseldorf and a head office based in Cheshire. The business supply disruptive technologies to some of the largest customers in the world
Following a period of significant growth, the business have moved into a brand new state of the art office and they're now looking for an experienced purchasing professional to join as Head of Purchasing supporting a team of buyers across two sites.
About the role
The successful candidate will take overall ownership of the buying function for Group. Helping to create and develop relationships as well as delivering savings and efficiencies for the business.
The ideal candidate will have worked within the IT sector and will be an experienced leader, forward thinking and proactive with abundant energy and a willingness to drive change. Strong negotiation skills, relationship building and an innovative approach to working with suppliers and vendors will be key skills.
The role will require a strong commercial background with the ability to build and manage a team of buyers that can source internationally across a wide and diverse range of technical products. Experience in software, hardware and services will be extremely beneficial in this role.
The role will be based in Northwich in Cheshire, leading colleagues across their Northwich and London offices. The role will require ad-hoc travel to engage and develop key relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Liaising and negotiating with existing and new vendors/suppliers.
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Managing our ecosystem of suppliers and providing reporting on vendor performance.
- Assisting in the management of supplier catalogues.
- Reducing costs, improving value.
- Managing commercial terms with suppliers including approval of contracts.
- Developing a continuous improvement policy across existing and new business activities.
- Setting, measuring and reporting on KPI's.
- Liaise with Account Management on pre and post sales.
- Create a supplier knowledge base.
- Maintaining data and records across the business systems.
- Helping to develop new systems and working practices.
- Help to drive and increase profitability.
- Placing Purchase Orders.
- Expediting Purchase Orders.
- Help to achieve SLA's.
- Forecasting and reporting on product trends and pricing analysis
- Attending supplier meetings, events and customer meetings where required.
- Adding value to the Sales Team and Customer base
- Managing and reporting on vendor incentives and opportunities.
- Provide analytics to the management team on a regular basis.
- IT background/understanding is preferred
- Channel Management.
- Understanding of licensing.
- Distribution/reseller background.
- Education should be to a degree level and CIPS preferred but not essential.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred but not essential.
The successful candidate will have previous experience managing staff as well as experience working within a fast paced environment - possibly from the Tech, Ecommerce or FMCG industry
The business offer an environment that allows for constant personal and professional development. Not only this, but they have been ranked on The Sunday Times International Track 200 for the second year running and have been named by Business Insider as one of the Top 50 Private Companies for Growth in Greater Manchester.
- Workplace pension after 3 months service.
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays).
- Free on-site parking at Cheshire office.
- Training and development.
or call us on 01204 326 444