Job Title: Head of Finance
Pay Bracket: £50,000 - £70,000 DOE - 37.5 hrs / Reduced Hours Considered
Location: Manchester City Centre (Free Parking)
Our client is a down to earth business based within the hospitality sector, looking for someone to join as their Head of Finance, bringing the role in house for the first time.
This role will work closely with the CEO and founder of the business, managing month end duties, FP&A, implementing and improving financial controls. Working collaboratively, you'll help guide the strategic direction of the business, future proofing against risk and improving profitability.
For success, it is vital that we bring in an experienced profile with a people-first approach and understanding of efficiencies, whether in a manufacturing, logistics, production, or hospitality environment.
With an inspirational founder, the company has a family-like feel with a close-knit team and excellent company culture. Over time, it is the ambition to become an employee owned trust and we'd like someone who can help this happen!
For this role, we are very flexible for the right candidate, being people first - offering either full time or part-time hours and hybrid working flexing depending on the location of the candidate.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Managing the finance function for a successful SME - working with the CEO and being supported by an accounts junior.
- Managing the FP&A function, annual budgeting, and forecasting
- Implementation of financial controls and actively looking to shape the finance function.
- Managing the year end and audit process
- Acting as an advisory for the company CEO and helping in the creation of a board
- Managing the month end process - MI and commentary - preparation assisted by the company bookkeeper.
- Training and upskilling of an accounts junior and wider team - working with colleagues of non-finance backgrounds.
- Financial analysis across the business, particularly identifying areas to increase profitability and improve efficiencies.
- Assisting in a range of projects, all round requiring a hands-on approach and adaptability
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with
- Strong interpersonal skills and familiar with an SME / Non corporate environment
- Inclusive of all with a collaborative approach
- Strong finance background, either chartered or qualified by experience.
- Willingness to strongly ingrain into the company culture and be part of a collective
- Experience of EOTs is strongly advantageous inline with the long term direction of the business.
- For this position we are open to someone who will move into the position as a growth role, or an experienced financial controller / head of finance who is looking for a new challenge
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444