Job Title: Financial Accountant - IFRS
Pay Bracket: £50,000 - £65,000 Negotiable DOE + Bonus on performance and value add
Location: South Manchester - Hybrid
Benefits: 25 days holiday, parking, company bonus, flexible working, progression opportunities
Our client is a multi-site / entity business head quartered in South Manchester, who are looking to appoint a chartered accountant into a newly created role due to growth.
Being a highly acquisitive buy and build business model, we are looking for a professional who will be able to take an internal lead on an IFRS conversion for the business, with the acquisition of a US Listed business in the pipeline for 2023 / 2024.
The role will require a technically strong accountant whether ACCA / ACA, to provide strategic advice and high calibre reporting. In a varied and fast paced role, it is vital you have a versatile approach to work with a highly diligent nature, being able to confidently support the business through their next phase of growth. We are open to a first-time mover from practice, or someone with existing experience in industry with IFRS standards.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone keen to learn and succeed in a fast-paced and changing environment, with substantial reward on offer through exposure, professional development, and financials.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Leading on the adoption of new accounting standards and practice for the business - IFRS conversion
- Leading on audit across multiple entities and managing a small team
- Delivery of budgeting and forecasting process, holding stakeholder meetings and budget reviews - communicating with finance and non-financial backgrounds.
- Performing Capex appraisals and ROI calculations
- Streamlining year and month end process
- Proactively searching for new ways to strategically enhance the business.
- Involvement in various projects throughout the wider finance team - requiring a strong foundation of technical knowledge, assisting the Finance Business Partnering team.
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with
- A practice trained candidate / audit background of at least 2 years
- Strong commercial acumen and technical expertise
- Ideally experience across multiple sites
- Experience in leading a team and taking independent projects.
- Exposure to audits of various sectors and listings
- Chartered accountant
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage has been condensed for efficiency, having 1 formal interview taking place in the head office - providing several introductions to key staff.
or call us on 01204 326 444