Job Title: Graduate Trainee Accountant (Entry Level)
Pay Bracket: £23,000 Plus Study Package
Benefits: Full Study Support and progression plan, hybrid and flexible working pattern, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays , modern and dynamic environment.
Our client is a rapidly growing business based in Knowsley, we are looking for multiple graduate accountants to join the expanding finance team with fantastic progression and development opportunities. Experiencing huge growth last year with exciting future plans, this is an excellent time to join the business and gain unrivalled exposure in the accounting and commercial world.
We are looking for intelligent and ambitious graduates who are looking to pursue a career in accounting and finance with full study support on offer and uncapped potential. The starting salary will be £23,000, with the scope to increase within your first 12 months in the role.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the financial controller, your responsibilities will include managing the transactional accounts for the business, increasing over time to become involved with month end duties and management accounts
- Managing the purchase ledger - liaising over the phone with any external parties, resolving queries and maintaining a high level of attention to detail - investigating any discrepancies
- Posting revenue into Sage
- Credit control - chasing overdue payments into the business, building rapport
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting senior staff in month end duties
- Progressing into involvement in preparation of monthly accounts - including balance sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone who is a natural communicator with confidence over the phone, being able to work independently and within a team. We are looking for someone with strong academics and a passion for building a career in this field.
- No practical experience is needed
- Computer literacy especially within Excel is advantageous
- Confident communicator and team player
- A degree in Accounting and Finance
- At least B grade in GCSE and A Level Maths
What our client can offer
- A competitive starting salary £23,000
- Hybrid and flexible working
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Modern working environment
- Fantastic management team with L&D and fully study package
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Callum on 01204 326 444 for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444