Job Title: Graduate Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £21,000 - £23,000 DOE
Benefits: Highly competitive starting salary, 26 days' holiday plus bank holidays, hybrid working model, subsidised on-site amenities, progression opportunities, cycle to work scheme and company discounts. Free on-site parking available and excellent rail links (ideal for commuters living in Bolton, Preston and Chorley).
Our client is a global organisation in the technology sector who are rapidly expanding, growing a new team of 13 in the past 2 ½ years. We are looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic individual to join them working within the sales ledger team. This is a permanent role within an innovative organisation where you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and build a rewarding career, with clear progression routes into management on offer for the right candidate. This is a company which actively encourages progression, innovation and study, with future study support on offer.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the finance manager, you will create invoices and manipulate data within Excel, assisting senior accounts staff. This role will involve distributing information with high accuracy, operating macros in Excel and managing the company's relationship with a key client, ensuring timely invoicing and billings.
- Data manipulation
- Accounts reconciliations
- Posting cash allocations
- Managing your own ledger
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone with a strong working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-lookups and macros. We are looking for someone who is ambitious and driven, being quick to learn.
- No previous work / office experience is required
- Friendly personality and the ability to work as a team
- Strong computer skills, being familiar with Microsoft packages and quick to learn
- An ideal background will be someone with a strong academic background or existing experience within data and statistics - such as a data analysis, data entry etc.
- Suitable degrees include Maths, Economics, Accounting and Finance, Computer Science, Business Management, Physics and more
- Advance knowledge of Excel including macros and EDI files is highly advantageous but not essential
What our client can offer
- A generous starting salary ranging £21,000 - £23,000
- Company discount schemes, cycle to work scheme, staff events and socials and much more
- Hybrid working model with 2 days a week working remote and flexible hours between 7 am - 6.30pm, 7.5 hour working days.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Progression opportunities within the team and wider accounts function, with the potential for future study support
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration - 01204 326444 for more details.
or call us on 01204 326 444