Global Quality Manager
Global Manufacturing business
Manchester based + International travel
Salary - Up to £71,000 + Car allowance + Bonus
My client are a market leading global manufacturer and supplier operating in 17 locations across 13 countries, producing over 20 billion items annually from more than 50,000 products offered. Products are sold in 35 countries including UK, Germany, France, Brazil, Japan, China and the US.
Due to substantial growth, the business are looking to introduce an experienced and able Global Quality professional to their existing Global team based in Manchester. Reporting to the Global Operations Director, you will act as the Voice Of the Customer (VOC) in the Group - represent the Customer's perspective in quality issues, understanding the customer needs and expectations and drive that back into the business using appropriate KPIs such as PPB and CoPQ.
- Provide a customer focus within the Group - drive initiatives to provide the best product quality to their customers.
- Represent Quality Management of Global Accounts with the target of having the business as a top-rated supplier (A-Supplier).
- Give support & guidance to Key Account Teams in the negotiation of Global Quality Contracts with Global Customers in close collaboration with the regions to ensure regional alignment.
- Single point for Customer Scorecards - collect, summarise, and distribute/communicate clear, concise summary of all scorecards so that business leadership has a clear view of our customer's perspective of us.
- Establish and maintain an extensive presence at our plants and at our customers to follow and improve our quality performance.
- Support and help to improve the business' result through all quality aspects (e.g. help to negotiate customer standards, help our plants to get a better/clearer quality standard…).
- Create a cohesive and similar structure of quality within the global organisation - best practice - in coordination with the Global and Regional Operations Directors.
- Working with all production sites in the Group, define and implement a consistent, effective method of collecting and analysing the Global quality dashboards with a consistent KPI System.
- Review regularly the sister companies quality performance and their action plan in order to make the business a market leader in Quality.
- Improve & harmonise the quality system procedures on a Global and Regional level (ex: testing procedure, quality claim …) where it makes sense and in the respect of local organisation.
- Medium Term Mission: Find/implement a Quality Management System (QMS) - common system for PPAPs, Complaints, etc.; a "Customer Portal" so that we have one face to the customer.
- Prepare technical assessment of each plant quality systems and capabilities.
- Accountable for creating and communicating the need of certified systems.
- Review the current procedure for quality accountability and who pays for what, when internal issues arise with quality on sister company sales.
- Reduction of poor quality cost by 20% p.a. per region.
- Constantly focus on key risk areas having potential commercial and financial impacts.
- Manage the Monthly Quality Managers' meeting - agenda, participation, focus on appropriate issues.
- Track status of, and report summaries for, all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S), Trade and Compliance (T&C), and other internal audit findings to ensure that all findings are closed on time adequately.
- Track status of, and report summaries for, all ISO and other industry certifications (IATF, etc.) for all sites.
- Create a matrix for the desired and actual state for each site/certification.
- Experience in building highly functioning teams - regionally and globally.
- Highly effective communication skills; written, oral, and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and influence, especially in difficult situations.
- Change Management - ability to influence and motivate, especially in environments that resist change.
- Implementation of the mindset "Quality is the First Customer".
- Demonstrated experience in setting strategy and direction for QA and especially operations teams that need metrics and to understand customer needed QA standards.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective communication to provide partners at all levels with appropriate awareness and knowledge of quality assurance standards, requirements, program updates and process changes.
- Set standards and upgrade the skill level in plant quality organisations - need professional quality organisations.
- Set performance expectations and report globally and with regional MDs.
- Experience in Global Production and Customer environments.
- Experience with Automotive OEM and Tier 1, as well as Industrial customer bases.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with demonstrable Quality Management exposure on an International scale - International quality & leadership experience within the industry. You will have cross functional and cross country experience with a deep knowledge of IATF & EN standards.
International travel is expected in order to provide that cross site quality support.
or call us on 01204 326 444