FP&A Manager - Financial Services
Based: Manchester (2 days office vs 3 days home)
Salary: highly dependent on experience + Competitive benefits
Well known and consistently growing financial services organisation in Central Manchester are looking for an experienced and qualified FP&A Manager to join and lead the group FP&A function underneath the Head of FP&A.
The purpose of the FP&A Manager role is to provide accurate and timely Retail reporting of actual performance, budgets and forecasts, alongside in-depth analysis of insight-driven commentary and dashboards.
Supporting the wider FP&A team, this role will look to provide key stakeholders and Directors with real insight into the financial performance of Retail, providing them with timely, accurate & consistent information which can be acted upon in a timely manner. It will partner with the wider finance team, as well as Commercial stakeholders and Group finance colleagues.
- Ensure that business performance is measured, analysed, explained and understood through the delivery of key performance reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as appropriate.
- Understand results and trends across Retail, providing analysis that allows executive leadership teams to deliver on their operational responsibilities and take actions to drive improved performance.
- Assist with enhancing executive level reporting related to P&L and cash that aids the identification and communication of performance issues.
- Identify areas to improve reporting, including systems and processes, and make recommendations for changes.
- Manage the end to end budget and forecast processes, working closely with the wider FP&A team to ensure quality delivery within agreed timescales.
- Oversee the analysis of current performance against budget and forecast future expectations.
- Ensure consistent standards in terms of process and reporting quality and work collaboratively across the Finance team;
- Manage Group requests, working with all relevant stakeholders;
- Make use of and constantly improve standard of modelling, consolidating, controlling and use of systems.
- Deliver outstanding and consistent customer service across all Business Areas, providing relevant analysis to ensure decision making is underpinned by quality information;
- Support wider business areas with ad hoc projects to provide greater insight into performance;
- Build strong relationships across Business Areas to become a trusted business partner;
- Drive accountability, delivery of business targets & identify opportunities for additional value.
- Recognised accountancy qualification
- Significant previous experience in financial planning and analysis
- Knowledge of financial accounts and associated terminology
- Excel skills to an advanced level
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to identify the causes of process inefficiencies and drive improvements
- Able to present information in a concise, efficient and professional manner to senior management
- Ability to use existing skills to pick up and complete other tasks as required by management
- Able to build strong relationships with business finance teams
- Build and maintain relationships with senior internal stakeholders
- Education - Degree educated (or equivalent), in Finance or similar
In return, the business offers a secure platform for professional growth within a constantly changing and progressive environment.
or call us on 01204 326 444