Job Title: Financial Controller / Commercial Finance Manager - Growing Tech SME
Pay Bracket: £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
Benefits: 39 days annual leave, share options, 1-day WFH
Location: Stockport, South Manchester
Working in an innovative and entrepreneurial tech business, we are looking to appoint a commercially and analytically focused finance lead, reporting directly to the company's CEO.
In a role that's pivotal to the continued success of the business, you will be responsible for driving continual business improvement, creating insightful and meaningful data, and informing key decision-making processes - working directly with the director's board and investors.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an interest in SAAS and would be the perfect role for a finance analyst looking to take a lead position where your input is highly valued.
A perfect fit is someone dynamic with the ability to challenge, striving to be the best.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Leading the internal finance function of a rapidly scaling SME in a self-sufficient role - providing in-depth commercial insight
- Provide governance and thorough expertise in multi-project performance measurement, transformation activities and internal controls, driving sustainable and strategic business improvement.
- Taking a lead on month-end duties across the group, assisting with production of management accounts, P&L, commentary, board pack. Performance vs budget and forecasts updates.
- Producing financial and analytical reports for senior management - Including profit and loss analysis.
- Generating MI for the business, analysing market trends to identify new opportunities.
- Analyse company opportunities for enhanced profitability and increased cost savings
- Continually searching for ways to enhance reporting. Building new KPI reports and working collaboratively with teams across the business, particularly sales.
- Business partnering with key stakeholders, ensuring optimal decision making in the business.
- Utilising tools such as Power BI to create meaningful visualisations of complex data
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with
- A naturally inquisitive approach to work, delving deeply to find meaning behind the numbers and being able to communicate this effectively with senior leadership.
- Strong academic track record, open to both candidates through the graduate or trainee route - on track to becoming fully qualified in the next 18 months or less, ACCA/ CIMA / ACA
- Strong commercial acumen, being mindful of spend, continually looking to identify both opportunities to increase profitability and reduce burn.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to spot any potential risks to the business.
- The ability to adapt, think with agility and act with confidence in your work and knowledge.
- Thinking innovatively and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Knowledge of / experience in funding rounds is highly advantageous.
You'll benefit from:
This is a business which prides itself on culture and values, offering an excellent work environment with the opportunity to develop your career quickly. An excellent benefits package is on offer in reward, including an exceptional annual leave package and company share options.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays AND your birthday off = 39 days annual leave
- Attractive office space based in Stockport with 1-day remote working.
- Company social events and inclusive working culture
- Company share options.
- Study support for part-qualified / finalist candidates & advice / mentorship from an established board
- Excellent exposure opportunities in a scale-up
With work ethic and determination, you'll work to redefine the finance function, enabling a highly ambitious business to realise its ambitions.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV. We will have an in-depth conversation surrounding your background, achievements, and career ambitions, followed by a discussion around the position on offer.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will be at least 2 stages.
Due to high levels of interest in such opportunities, successful candidates will be contacted within the first week of application. If you are unsuitable for this role, Four will keep you in mind for future opportunities.
To discuss in more depth / for any additional enquiries, contact Victoria on 0161 834 3479.
or call us on 01204 326 444