Location: Sale, Manchester- with agile working
Salary: circa £50,000- £60,000 plus excellent benefits, including, annual loyalty bonus, Christmas period closure, your birthday off, a workplace that truly supports a healthy work/ life balance and much more!
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to join an established SME that has had year on year growth, based in Sale. The role sits within the heart of a growing Finance & Procurement team and is responsible for high quality financial management and ensuring that the organisation meets its financial and legal obligations. You will be expected to respond to business changes to support the overall business strategy, whilst ensuring financial compliance and robust financial control.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will work closely with the Finance & Procurement Manager and will provide cover in what will be a reciprocal arrangement.
This is a highly responsible role that requires strong financial accounting and control experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Produce accurate and insightful monthly management accounts.
- Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations with clear actions against all balances to ensure effective and timely resolution.
- Lead the year end audit striving to achieve a clean audit and ensuring all audit findings are resolved.
- Produce accurate statutory accounts ensuring alignment to relevant accounting principles.
- Manage and develop robust financial policies, internal controls and systems to safeguard assets and ensure full compliance with relevant legislation.
- Work with the Group finance team to ensure transfer pricing policies are maintained and acted upon.
- Work with tax advisors to maximise opportunities and ensure the company is tax compliant.
- Managing the monthly cash flow forecast and maximise any cash holdings.
- Providing technical financial advice and support to staff, Managers and Head of Departments.
- Contributing to and supporting the achievement of the organisation's financial and business objective.
- Cover for the Finance and Procurement Manager role as and when required.
- Be a catalyst for change programmes and process improvements, developing new ideas and solutions to enhance and develop reporting and analysis.
Essential Skills & Attributes required:
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
- Audit exposure/ background
- Minimum 3-5 Years' accounting experience, with strong finance technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation & organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident and ambitious with a "can do, will do" attitude
- Motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative
- Able to keep an eye on the bigger picture and appreciate where your role fits into the business
If you have the relevant experience and would like to join this positive and supportive working environment, then please send a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444