We are recruiting a great opportunity to join a growing company based in Hindley as an accounts manager. A generous starting salary ranging up to £28,000 depending on experience is on offer, both candidates at this existing level, and those looking to progress themselves further will be considered.
This position is responsible for preparing monthly management accounts and payroll for the external accountant and assisting the accounts assistant in invoice queries. An ideal candidate will be qualified by experience, with no formal qualifications required. Systems training will also be provided, along with any additional training you require.
Our client has recently moved to a new premises in Hindley due to growth, increasing its turnover fivefold over 12 years. This is a family business with an industrious team who work well together, having office banter and helping each other wherever possible. Team fit is essential to success in this role and we are looking for someone who is equally friendly, grounded and adaptable. Value are at the core of our client's company, which has enabled them to expand their operations across over 100 countries.
This role will facilitate the company's continued development and has the opportunity to grow in responsibility over time, assisting other departments of the company, and having the future opportunity to bring the payroll system in house.
- Managing the company accounts and managing one direct report
- Monthly VAT returns
- Profit and Loss accounts
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Completion of month end journals, including prepayments and accruals
- Bank account reconciliation
- Assisting the accounts assistant in query resolution and invoice payments, occasional purchase ledger and sales ledger holiday cover
- Communication with the sales team and other departments
- Ad hoc wider office support
You will join a friendly team who work well together, who appreciate the little things, with free refreshments and snacks, group walks to the park during lunch, an early Friday finish and a highly anticipated Christmas Party where partners are also welcome (booked at Alberts this year including free bar!). Being an owner managed business, staff are given flexibility where needed from the owner, making this role compatible for candidates with other commitments. A generous 26 days holiday plus public holidays are on offer, with an extended close over Christmas. This is a traditional company who cares for their staff and want to welcome a new addition to the team. Free parking is also available on site for all staff.
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience of accounts and an office environment of a minimum of 3 years
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Knowledge of VAT returns and balance sheet reconciliation
- A personable approach to work well with the existing team
This is a great opportunity for a stable job opportunity in a gradually growing company with strong values. If you are looking for a new challenge, please apply directly to this advert for immediate consideration, we thank you for the time taken to apply.
or call us on 01204 326 444